Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Family Fun Run

Good Wednesday morning!

I exercised twice yesterday. I only mention that fact because I told you I was going to make the No-Bake Chewy Peanut Butter Bars last night. However, because I exercised twice yesterday, I barely made dinner. The Gallery Pic today is of the INGREDIENTS for the No-Bake Chewy Peanut Butter Bars... which I will be making shortly... because I'm only exercising once today.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Amy Adams has been chosen as the new Lois Lane. I am assuming this means there is going to be a new Superman movie. And since I usually support Amy Adams, I am also assuming I will have to see ANOTHER Superman movie. Personally, I thought I was finished watching movies about this particular super hero, but apparently NOT.

RANDOMNESS #2 - We have two new pups in our neighborhood. At the end of the street and around the corner lives Biscuit. Biscuit is a large basset hound with an even larger bark. He is precious. He escapes every now and again and comes to our fence to talk to Copper and Sparkle. I like him. I like him a lot.

The other new addition lives in the yard directly behind our house. He is a one year-old lab named Tank. (I know. Perfect name.) Tank is huge, but he's still growing, he's still a puppy and he is precious, too. He, Sparkle and Copper commune a couple of times a day in the back corner of the fence. They discuss politics, world events and what they had for breakfast that morning, I am sure.

If you read The Pioneer Woman (and I strongly suggest you do), you know she has a basset hound named Charlie. Charlie is hilarious, and I like him very much. She recently added a new basset hound to her menagerie of farm animals and pets, and she named him Walter.

As Sparkle and Copper approach the ripe old age of eight years-old (56 in dog years), I love them more and more, but I do miss the puppy stage. I was recently talking to Roxie about how much fun it would be to have a baby basset hound, and she totally agreed. "We could name him Booger," she said. And then she laughed and laughed.

Then she went over all the dog phrases to see if she still liked the name.

"He's such a sweet Booger."

"Here, Booger. That's a good Booger."

"Don't eat that, Booger!"

And on and on it went. If and when we ever get a basset hound, I assure you we will NOT name him Booger. I mean I have a reputation of sorts around here, and it would not be very dignified to have a dog with such a name.

I'm thinking "Earl."

Wednesday Wisdom - I've heard three Eleanor Roosevelt quotes recently, and I liked what I heard. Today, we honor a very interesting woman in history on A Simple Life.

A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think. (I TOTALLY agree.)

A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. (True. So, so true.)

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. (This is definitely something I need to think about.)

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (I love this quote because it was in Princess Diaries. Love the movie. Love the quote. Love the meaning.)

Family Fun Run

There are Fun Runs ALL over the place right now. Spring is obviously the time to run!

Last year, Roxie and I participated in our first ever Fun Run. It was the Pink Ribbon Run in Gardendale, and it was sponsored by my friend, Tonya Brown, who is a two-time breast cancer survivor. This particular Run is a fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure Walk.

When I finished my part (the 1 mile Run/Walk), Roxie and company started the 5K Walk. And they finished it. And they were proud. Proud to be part of something that helps others. Something bigger than themselves.

When we got into the car, Roxie and I decided we wanted to participate in a Run at least once a year. We wanted to make it a tradition.

This year, Tonya has once again organized the Pink Ribbon Run in our area. And once again, Roxie and I are participating Friday, April 29 beginning at 6:00 p.m. If you want to register, you can contact me, and I will put you in touch with Tonya, or I will make sure you receive a registration form. (The forms should be returned by April 17.)

It costs $15 for the 1 mile Fun Run (which includes a T-shirt and a drink), and $20 for the 5K Walk (which also includes a T-Shirt and a drink).

This is a wonderful, selfless tradition to pass down to your children and your grandchildren, and I know many people and families who do so year after year.

I can't think of a better way to spend a few hours on a beautiful spring night. Can you?

Have a fantastic Wednesday. Don't forget. It's Encouraging Wednesday. Make sure you contact someone today and lift their spirits. It only takes a second to do, but it can last much longer for the person receiving the encouragement.

I will have new websites for you to visit in Blog Linkage Thursday, as well as the most fun date ever. Check it out if you get a minute.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!