Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from the County Basketball Tournament last night. Even though our team is out of the Tournament, we are still the hosts. As you can see, we have very high spirits, which says a great deal about our girls and all of the parents working in the Hospitality Suite, sweeping the floors in the gym, cleaning the bleachers, emptying trash cans, etc., etc.

And I will say the officials, coaches from other teams, etc. have all been very nice, which makes serving them a pleasure and not a chore.

RANDOMNESS - If you are a mother and you have a little girl (under 14 years of age), I want to give you a little warning.

1. Chances are, your chick will be wearing make-up around 14 years of age.

2. If (or when) your chick runs out of powder, blush, mascara, eye shadow, etc., she will naturally come to your bathroom and check out your make-up products.

3. If you have raised her right, she will politely ask if she can use your powder, blush, mascara, eye shadow, etc. And because she asked so sweetly, you will give your consent.

4. She will tell you she is going to take it to her bathroom and apply it in front of her uber-magnifying make-up mirror. Again, you give your consent, because several years ago you threw your uber-magnifying make-up mirror in the trash can because you noticed it caused severe depression. (NOTE - Only women with no pores, wrinkles, laugh lines, frown lines, etc. should ever use an uber-magnifying make-up mirror. Roxie will probably be throwing her mirror away in two to three years!)

5. You will take your perfectly coiffed and beautifully made-up daughter to school and drop her off for a day of learning and socializing with her friends.

6. You will drive home to get ready for a doctor's appointment, a haircut AND some shopping for the County Basketball Tournament.

7. You will discover after your shower you have NO powder, NO blush and NO mascara. You look pale, weepy and a little angry. (NOTE - The angry look doesn't come from lack of make-up. It comes from HAVING NO MAKE-UP AT ALL!)

8. You put on a really nice top, make your hair really big AND wear a lot of bright lipstick.

9. When you walk into the doctor's office, they ask if you are feeling okay when you sign in. (NOTE - You aren't even at YOUR doctor's office. You are with your son for his doctor's appointment.)

10. When you get your haircut, the beautician says, "Well, let's see if we can make this a better day." But she can't.

11. When you go to the different fast food restaurants to pick up food for the Hospitality Suite, the managers take one look at you and yell at the workers, "Hurry up with that order. She doesn't have much time left. I mean 'time.' She doesn't have much TIME!"

12. When you arrive at the school, your daughter comes running up to you. Her hair is glossy perfection. Her eyelashes are 12" long. Her blush has been expertly re-applied for the evening's festivities. She is beautiful. "Mom, are you feeling okay? You look rough. And why are your lips so bright?"

13. At home, you ask for your make-up to be returned. You hide all of your make-up products in five or six different places.

14. You wake up the next morning, take your perfectly coiffed and beautifully made-up daughter to school. (She has new make-up, you see.) When you arrive home, you hop in the shower to get ready for your day which includes running a few more errands and going to the bank.)

15. You can't remember where you hid ANY of your make-up products... except for the really, really bright lipstick.

I know you want to know the moral of this story. Sorry. There is no moral. This is the true story of life with a 14 year-old girl. The good (lots of good... really, really good), the bad (when she takes your make-up to school... really, really bad) and the ugly (how I look when she takes my make-up to school... really, really ugly)!

Weekend Happenings

Tonight, we finish the County Basketball Tournament, and basketball will officially be over for this school year. We're a little sad, but Roxie is very tired and the rest will do her good. Plus, next week we find out the date for her hand surgery which she must have in order to try out for basketball next year!

The Boy is coming in this morning and working at the Chick all afternoon.

Mikie and the brothers are planning on going hunting tomorrow. While they are gone doing "man" stuff, I am taking Roxie to a new, fun, hip place. I'm not going to tell you where because it's next week's Date! You'll have to check in Thursday to find out all about this destination!

After church on Sunday, we're heading to Grandmother's for a big family dinner with my sister and her family.

It's going to be a good weekend with lots of family and friends... and no snow!

Have a fun weekend. I'll be posting a Picture a Day today, Saturday and Sunday on Belinda's Project Life. I'll be back next week with a ton of Valentine's Day ideas, traditions, devotions and parties. I'll start my Top Ten Lists (Top Ten Reasons I Love...) on Tuesday. I'll be talking about the upcoming Contest. And that's only the beginning!

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

2 comments:

Mike F said...

So now you see what I have to put up with when my nearly-50 year old wife takes my hair brush and puts it in her purse and leaves me with nothing. I may not have much, but I still have a lot of hair and I can't just run my hand through it and go. That's why I've resorted to hiding my brush so you won't steal it, you brush-stealer.

Gosh, payback is so sweet, even if it's not me doing the payback.

Belinda said...

I didn't finish reading your comment. I stopped after the phrase "my nearly-50 year old wife."

For the next 209 days, I would like to be referred to as your "40-something wife."

And just so you know, you came off sounding a little whiny.

What is that funny thing I always say when you or one of the boys sounds whiny? Oh, yeah. Man up!

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!