Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pic for the day has become the story of my life. I rarely purchase food items now (for me) unless there is a label somewhere on the package that states, "Good Daily Source of Fiber." And get out of my way if it says, "Meets ALL of Your Daily Fiber Needs." Just another cold, hard fact in this season of my life. Oh, and just so you know... This isn't the "Autumn Season" of my life. It's the "Supplement Season." And it's the LONGEST season of them all!
ANNOUNCEMENT! - My blog Spell Checker is not working today, so forgive me if there are more typos than usual. I'll check back later in the day to see if someone in cyberland fixed the Checker!
RANDOMNESS - If you recall, Tuesday's recipe was called Quick Chicken Divan. I received a comment later in the day I wanted to share with you. My friend, Jennifer, suggested adding crushed potato chips on top of the Chicken Divan for that "extra" something. Of course, I'll be sure to find a bag of chips which has fiber added, but doesn't that sound good?
If you keep a recipe file, go ahead and add that little ingredient, please.
Blog Linkage - I said I had some good linkage today, and I was telling the truth!
1. If you are crafty, you'll need to click on eighteen25 under My Blog List. Scroll down, down, down and find the post entitled "You Gotta See This" dated January 21. The Vacation Memory Jars and the Banner are so cute, and definitely something you could make with your own chicks. I loved them. (I also loved the decorations they used for the bowling party. Very clever.)
2. Now go to BooMama under My Blog List. Scroll all the way down to the bottom. Click on "In Which I Share Some Not-At-All Original Ideas" dated January 25. This blogging chick shares her memories of Sunday dinners growing up, and how she is planning on re-starting this tradition. She even gives good tips and recipes for how and what to serve for large after-church meals. I promise. It will make you want to cook and fellowship!
3. Make your way to Nesting Place under my Blog List. There are two posts for you to read on this blog. The first post is called "Up Chairs" dated January 21. You'll need to scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the post. It's a decorating post, but it's sweet because it features the chairs the characters in Up sat in... side-by-side... holding hands. The chairs don't belong side-by-side in the decorating world, but... Well, I'll just let you read the post.
4. Now go back to the TOP of the page and enjoy the post entitled "Random Plates" dated January 25. Pretty cool, huh?
Salamandar Date and Bart Art Date
I've totally abandoned today's original date for these two events which take place this weekend. Of course, I visited Birmingham Bargain Mom and found the info on her wonderful website, but if you have a reptile-lovin' or artistic kiddo in your family, you simply cannot miss these dates.
1. If your child likes his/her animals on the slimy side, you'll need to take him/her to The Salamander Festival this Saturday, January 29, 2011 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Festival will be held at Homewood Community Center located in Homewood Central Park.
There will be live salamanders to see and hold. Real biologists will be there to answer questions and tell you more about salamanders.
There will also be a fish display of fish from Shades Creek, fossilized amphibian and reptile tracks, a wildflower display AND free nature arts and crafts for the kids.
Parents, you will love this. They are going to have a chocolate fountain which will cost only $1.00.
A live presentation will begin at 4:00 p.m. and will feature The Herb Trotman Band, breakdancing and The Salamander Story.
Hey! How many people can say they went to a Salamandar Festival, ate from a chocolate fountain and watched breakdancing... all in the same day? You've got to admit. It sounds pretty interesting.
Oh, and did I mention it is a FREE event? Well, except for the chocolate fountain. (And I would bring a $10 bill to make sure my date thoroughly enjoyed the fountain!)
2. The Birmingham Museum of Art is offering a FREE drop-in art program for kids and families. Visit Bart’s Art Cart in the main lobby to explore great art and create some of your own with the help of their Teen Volunteers. Each month will highlight a different gallery and feature a new art activity. Learn how to look at art with your child. Stop by and make art with Bart!
This Saturday, January 28 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and Sunday, January 29 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. take inspiration from the Museum's current exhibition (Spiral: Perspectives on an African-American Art Collective), and come spin your own work of art!
If you cannot make it this Saturday or Sunday, call the Birmingham Museum of Art to get their schedule for 2011. (205) 254-2565.
It's FREE and it would be a great way to spend an hour or so with your child doing something creative and fun.
Have a fantastic Thursday. I know you will! We'll end up the week with no huge surprises... Weekend Happenings and some Randomness here and there.
Take care, and I'll talk to tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment