Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pic is only ONE of the "October Photography Challenges." The rest were a little tricky, but I'm going to try to work on them this weekend and have the remaining photos up in time for Mindless Monday.

HINTS FOR NOVEMBER'S SPECIAL GUEST - Here are three more little tidbits to help you figure out who this chick is!

4. She loves animals AND babies.

5. She is VERY social.

6. She has zero percent body fat... but I still like her.

Who could it be? Who could it be? You tell me!

RANDOMNESS - Well, I attended a Body Pump class yesterday afternoon. My Zumba friends, Joan and Lauren, are bound and determined to try each and every exercise class known to man, and they said I might enjoy this class. (It's like they have never even met me before!)

It was a small class... six total. In an exercise class, that can be a good thing or that can be a very, very bad thing. There's nowhere to hide.

For those of you who have never participated in a Body Pump class, there is a bar involved, and little weights on the ends of the bar. It is not super fast. There is no chance of you getting "lost" and not understanding what you are supposed to do with your little bar and your little weights. It's just a matter of survival.

All in all, I thought I had done pretty well. I left Joan and Lauren to do the Zumba class which met immediately following the Body Pump class, and started to walk down the stairs. Hmmm. Calves and thighs were a little shaky.

I walked to the van (albeit slowly), and raised my arm to unlock the door. Hmmm. That was difficult. I couldn't really raise my arms. They were happier hanging straight down beside my body.

I sat down in the Big Gold Van, and since I was unable to hold my arms in the "10 and 2" driving position on the steering wheel, I drove home with my thumbs in my lap. If you are (or are related to) a police officer, please know I drove 20 miles under the speed limit all the way home... because my legs were shaking so badly I couldn't really push the accelerator down.

I wouldn't say I was sore last night. The word I would use is "inoperable." I was totally and completely "inoperable."

This morning, I am totally and completely in "pain." That's right. I said it. P-A-I-N.

Will I do it again?

Yes. I told my friend, Cam, I would do it with her (and Lauren and Joan) next Tuesday afternoon.

I wanted to be open to new and exciting life experiences this 49th year of my life. I did NOT want this 49th year of my life to be my last.

I'm looking for some people interested in trying some new and exciting spa treatments in the coming months. Any takers? Anyone? Anyone? Call me.

Weekend Happenings

The Faulkner Five are going to be hither and yon once again this weekend. This is happening more and more often, and while I DO NOT LIKE IT, I'm trying to be one of those crazy "go-with-the-flow" moms... and I'm failing miserably.

Mikie left for Los Angeles this morning, and he'll be gone until next Wednesday. This is a business trip which usually falls around the first week of November each year. He has never missed a Halloween before, but since we're not taking little ones trick-or-treating or to a Fall Festival, it worked out well.

While he is gone, Josh, Roxie and I will be attending the high school game this evening.

We'll be having a Hobo Supper at my Mom's house tomorrow night with my sister and her family. This will be a crowd pleaser, I am sure. And I'm taking my handy-dandy firepit to roast marshmallows for s'mores. We're supposed to have great cool weather this last weekend of October. It should be fun.

On Sunday, Roxie and I will be heading to church while the brothers head to Talladega. The Lovely Melia gave Austin tickets to the race as an anniversary gift, and he has been looking forward to this event for several months. Not only will he be taking Josh, but two of his friends will be going, also.

Needless to say, I will be ready for everyone to return to Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) Sunday evening. I'm thinking chili. Lots and lots of chili.

As with any and all plans, things could change in a heartbeat, so we'll have to wait and see what really happens!

Have a fantastic Friday and an even more fantastic weekend. If you have little ones, enjoy your Halloween traditions! Take tons of pictures... and don't forget to check out Belinda's Project Life tonight, Saturday and Sunday. We might have some costume shots of our own. You just never know.

Next week's topic is on "hearts." I've been thinking about some "heart" matters for the past two or three weeks, and I think I have my thoughts in order enough to put them into words.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

5 comments:

Joan said...

My pain started before bedtime last night so I got very little sleep. Who wants firm tri-ceps anyway? I don't hurt any today except my right tri-cep. Can't wait for Tuesday to hurt all over again! Guest-Is it Roxie?

Belinda said...

Your right tricep? That's all that hurts today? Your right tricep?

I'm taking shallow breaths because my lungs actually hurt. MY LUNGS!

Can't wait to see you Tuesday! Looking forward to it!

Dana said...

new exciting spa experiences? Count me in. Thought about the Zumba class too, but if it hurts that bad maybe not......

momofboys said...

That Joan is good....she not only gets you into not 1, but 2 exercise classes...then she makes you think that you actually LIKED it! Wow! I think she has some hypnotic power over you! Plus, she's a REALLY good guesser! I noticed that you didn't make any comment on her guess....I'm guessing that means that she is right!

Belinda said...

Dana... Go ahead and try Zumba. Zumba did not cause the pain I am feeling today... that would be the Body Pump class. However, I can now lift a car over my head without breaking a sweat, so I can see the benefits.

The sad thing is, LeAnna, I am the one who ASKED Joan to go to Zumba with ME. Since that first class, I have lost complete and total control over my exercise schedule. But again, read the last sentence in the above paragraph.

I'm going to have to make a decision very soon... do I want to be a soft, Southern woman or a Zumba/Body Pump hardbody? Hmmm.

And, you're right. I didn't respond about her guess. Come back Monday to see if she was right!

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!