Good Thursday morning!
The new pics in the Gallery are still autumn-like... and will probably continue to be so unless someone does something interesting around here... SOON!
RANDOMNESS - Zumba almost killed me last night. I'm not kidding. Our sweet little instructor went nuts. I can honestly say, I FULLY participated in the warm-up song and the warm-down song. Everything else was frenetic and super fast and super-duper hard. (I took some pleasure in the fact a couple of the Zumba hardbodies were having a hard time keeping up, too.) When it was all over, I had sweat spots on my t-shirt in odd places. I'm not a big sweater. I mean, I glisten every now and again, but I rarely sweat through my t-shirt. I didn't enjoy that part of Zumba last night either.
Will I quit? Nope. But today, I'm trying Body Pump. My Zumba buddies, Lauren and Joan, have gone workout crazy. They are trying everything under the sun, and they assured me I would enjoy Body Pump. It has something to do with a 2 pound bar and you can put as many (or few) weights on the end of the bar as you want. (I'm thinking I may just be working with the bar today.)
I'm also hoping whatever was bothering my sweet little Zumba instructor Wednesday night will be resolved by Saturday morning's class. I'm worried about her... but more importantly, I'm worried about me if she doesn't settle down!
HINTS - NOVEMBER SPECIAL GUEST - That's right. Beginning Monday, November 1, our 12th and final Special Guest will be visiting A Simple Life. I have a few hints to help the readers who like to make educated guesses. Joan, this is for you.
1. She is a single chick.
2. She is feisty, sassy and focused.
3. She LOVES music... all kinds.
I'll have three more hints tomorrow. Any guesses so far?
Blog Linkage - I've got one cute read for you today. Click on Big Mama under My Blog List and go the bottom of the page. Click on "Previous Entries." You'll come to a post entitled "Bippity, boppity, boo" dated October 27. This chick feels the exact same way about projects as I do, but she obviously can "bring it to the table" when she has to. I LOVE the pumpkin... and to be honest, the project is a pretty cool idea. I'm just glad I didn't have to do it!
Free Halloween Dates
Here are a couple of ideas for FREE Halloween dates this Saturday from Birmingham Bargain Mom. You can spend some one-on-one time with one of your kids before the big night!
Ryan's Buffet is offering FREE kids meals to children ages 12 and under Saturday AND Sunday. The kids must be in costume, and there is a limit of two kids per paying adult. You'll need to call the Gardendale location to make sure they are honoring this promotion. The phone number is 608-0194.
After feeding your date for FREE, head over to the closest Publix to enjoy some more fun. Each year, Publix opens their doors to children dressed in costumes Halloween night to explore each department. This year, the store will be celebrating on SATURDAY. Some of the activities they offer are as follows:
1. Decorate cookies in the bakery.
2. Play a game of golf in the produce section.
3. Go fish in the seafood department.
4. Get an ice cream cone in the frozen foods section.
The store also provides a treat bag at the front of the store.
This year's activities will be from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at some locations and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at others. You'll need to call the Publix in your area to check the time.
By the time you finish with your nice FREE lunch and some fun at your local grocery store, you can meet the rest of the family for a Fall Festival or trick-or-treating.
Minimal cost, but maximum fun!
Have a terrific Thursday. I hope it is a wonderful day for you and your family. Of course, Friday's post will include more of the "October Photography Challenge" AND Weekend Happenings. It will be short, sweet and a good send-off for the weekend to come!
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment