Good Tuesday morning!
The Gallery Pics are, of course, volleyball-related. However, I would like to point out most of them are ACTION shots! That's right. With my BRAND NEW CAMERA, I can set the ISO to 3200 and take very clear running, jumping, spiking, serving ACTION shots. (Do NOT ask me what ISO means and why 1600 to 3200 are the numbers you use for ACTION shots. If you do, I will have to hit you on top of the head with my BRAND NEW CAMERA!)
CONTEST! CONTEST! CONTEST! - It feels like I JUST had a contest on A Simple Life... Hmmm. No. No. I remember now. I had a contest on Belinda's Project 365. This is a TOTALLY different contest.
On October 1, I will write my 500th post for A Simple Life. WOW! Some would say that's a "lot of nothing," but hopefully they would not say it to my face.
Beginning 6:30 a.m. Friday, October 1, the FIRST SIX women who leave a comment on the blog (via the Comment Section, e-mail or Facebook), will go on the fourth (and perhaps final) Mystery Bag Party in the Big Gold Van.
Anyone leaving a comment BEFORE 6:30 a.m. will not qualify. I will check the times of each comment, e-mail and Facebook post. The winners will be announced when I have received the first six comments!
I'm not sure how this method will work, but let's give it a try, shall we?
RANDOMNESS - Okay. Here are five more "things" from my To Do List. Five more things I will accomplish in ONE SHORT YEAR! (Yeah... right!)
6. I want to take a Glass Bottom Boat tour in the Gulf. My friend, Evelyn, did this a few years ago, and it sounded like so much fun. Plus, one of my favorite Doris Day movies when I was growing up was Glass Bottom Boat. I am singing it to myself as I type this post. "The glass bottom boat. The glass bottom boat. It's the greatest boat that was ever afloat... ." You get the idea. And before I go on the Glass Bottom Boat tour, I want to watch the movie with my family. It will seem corny and silly and the computer generated extras were non-existent at that time, but they will survive.
7. I want to ride bikes on the Callaway Gardens biking trails with my family... again. This will not be a first. It will be a "third," but I loved doing it when they were younger, and I want to do it again!
8. I want to eat at Planet Hollywood. I may be the only human alive who has not eaten there, and I fear I will not feel truly complete until I do. Roxie and I did use the restrooms at the restaurant once (the Downtown Disney location), and the bathrooms were divine! We still talk about them.
9. I want to visit at least one new state. Well, "new" to me. I doubt we'll be adding a new state in the next 12 months... but you never know! In my 49 years as an American citizen, I have only visited 15 states... and I'm not sure I can really count Arkansas. We were about to leave Memphis, and we saw a sign which said "Arkansas... 1 Mile," so we crossed the state line. We really didn't "experience" the state!
10. I want to finish reading the Bible completely through. I am very close, and this is most definitely a worthy goal!
Five more tomorrow. It's a pretty extensive list!
Cranberry Chicken
I have made this before in the oven, but this is the version from my new cookbook, 101 Things To Do With a Slow Cooker (from my friend, Melaney).
You will need the following:
3 to 4 pounds chicken tenderloins
1/4 cup dried minced onion
1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup barbecue sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in greased 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours.
Ha! That's it. However, there are a few NOTES you need to read below.
NOTE #1 - I never cook with minced OR chopped onions in the slow cooker. I place a peeled whole onion in the corner of the slow cooker. It still gives the recipe the onion flavor, and the people who do like onions (Mikie and Austin) can easily have the sliced onion as a side dish.
NOTE #2 - Do NOT use jellied cranberry sauce. It adds too much liquid. You MUST use the whole berry cranberry sauce!
Enjoy!
Have a lovely Tuesday. I will be serving up Wednesday Wisdom, a Seasonal Tradition and five more goals first thing in the morning! I hope you'll visit again!
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
2 comments:
Oh I miss volleyball!
Not to mention - War Eagle! and GO Gamecocks! I have a history with the gamecocks, ya' know. It was during the Coach Burgess days. Yep, I saw the championship!
Volleyball is great! It's hard to believe we only have two more nights of play before the county tournament. It is the shortest season of any sport (6 weeks).
I'm hoping I see a JSU championship, too! I might break down and purchase a JSU t-shirt if that happens.
I check in daily on happinessisbrilliant.com. I like checking on you and your chick (and the rest of the family).
You might not have admitted to the box mac and cheese bowl, but I'll bet a Baptist hymnal it was empty. Probably one of the most popular dishes at the dinner. Am I right?
So much in common!
Post a Comment