Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pics are just Roxie and some friends goofing off... which is what teenage girls do best. (Well, that and roll their eyes.)
RANDOMNESS - I'm going to the dentist today to get the "impression" made for my permanent crown. Yes. This story is not over yet. Mikie told me this part was painless. Mikie has been known to tell a little white lie now and again to make sure I actually go to my appointment. I'll let you know tomorrow.
A Little Something Extra... from one of my favorite authors, Becky Freeman. Today and tomorrow, I'm going to share some snippets from her book Coffee Cup Friendship & Cheesecake Fun.
Simple vs. Real Friends
A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.
A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.
A real friend has their phone numbers in her address book.
A simple friend hates it when you call after she has gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.
A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.
A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.
A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps herself.
A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend knows it is not a friendship until after you have had a fight.
A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!
This is a great book to own or give as a gift. Each chapter describes all of the different kinds of friendships a woman has throughout her life... Chick Flick Friends, Observant Friends, Mentoring Friends, Hubby Friend, Mother/Daughter Friends, etc. It is a wonderful, wonderful little book.
50 Ways to Tell Your Child "I Love You" (Without Saying the Words) - Are you writing these down? Here are ten more ways to "say" it LOUD AND CLEAR!
31. Prepare a dinner or lunch in which the name of every item served starts with the same letter as your child's first name. (Don't worry about whether it is a balanced meal). When your child asks the reason for the strange menu, let him or her guess.
32. In the fall, build a scarecrow together.
33. Ask for your child's suggestions in planning your family vacation.
34. Enter together in a local race for amateur joggers.
35. Attend EVERY open-to-parents function at your child's school.
36. Go on a train or bus ride together.
37. Teach your child a special skill that you know (woodworking, needlepoint, scrapbooking, etc.)
38. On a "rough" day for the child, let a small forgotten chore go "unnoticed." (Or totally forget chores for that entire day. Your child will remember your kindness for weeks and months to come.)
39. Talk with your child about the most significant prayer requests you have... and pray about them together.
40. Join your child in his or her room and build a fort with mattresses, sheets and pillows.
The last ten will be given tomorrow. But remember, this book has 315 MORE ways to spend time with your child... which translates into "I love you."
Blog Linkage - I have two oldies today (just a reminder).
1. If you EVER need funny, interesting, easy, breezy reading material, always head over to Confessions of the Pioneer Woman under my Blog List. If you've never visited, you are missing out.
2. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... this is a great website for anything and everything bargain-wise in Birmingham... http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom. Several of today's dates came from this website. (Thanks again to my friend, Jennifer, who pointed this website out to me several months ago. I check it every week.)
Five Fun Dates... FOR THIS WEEKEND!
1. Sips 'n Strokes is offering a $5 discount when you book a session during March. Everyone will receive $5 off all classes during the month of March at the Highway 280, Vestavia, Trussville and Pelham locations only.
Classes are filling up fast, so please register today for any classes you want to attend. No other coupons will be accepted. Some restrictions apply.
Contact information:
Highway 280
Time Square
522 Cahaba Park Circle
Phone: 408-2836
Pelham Publix Shopping Center
381 Huntley Parkway
Phone: 408-2836
Trussville
1873 Gadsden Highway
Phone: 408-2836
Vestavia Publix Shopping Center
790 Montgomery Highway, Suite 120
Phone: 408-2836
2. Have breakfast or brunch at Another Broken Egg located at 2418 Montevallo Road, Mountain Brook (871-7849). Mikie and I are trying a new breakfast location Saturday morning. Maybe we'll see you there!
3. Take your date for free ice cream Saturday at Bruster's. Got your attention? Stay in your pajamas and head to Bruster's annual free ice cream "PJ Day" this Saturday. It's all day long. Show up in your PJs (keep it classy folks), and you'll get a free waffle cone of any flavor. All locations are participating. (After Mike and I eat breakfast, maybe we'll change into our PJs and check out Bruster's!)
4. The Home Depot Free Kids Workshop is Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Children ages 5 to 12 can make a rain gauge. It's really quite cute. The first 50 children to show up will receive the craft, goggles and an apron. Make sure to call your local Home Depot and register before you leave Saturday morning.
NOTE - You can also purchase the kits if you need more than the free one you'll receive at the workshop.
5. Take a hike at Oak Mountain State Park. It's going to be a beautiful weekend. Take a fanny pack with water bottles and snacks, and go exploring with your guy or gal. Have a great time outside.
I know most of these dates have been mentioned before on A Simple Life... but you can actually GO on one of these dates in the next two days. I've listed everything from creative to active, a little pricey to absolutely free... And, of course, two of the five dates have something to do with eating. There is something for EVERYONE!
Have a beautiful Thursday. Good weather is here today. Let's enjoy it! Call a friend you haven't spoken to in awhile... or better yet, plan a breakfast or lunch or dinner with her in the next week. JUST DO IT! No more excuses. Tomorrow I'll have ten more ways to say "I love you" to your child, another excerpt from Becky Freeman's book, Weekend Happenings... and maybe some pictures from my dentist visit Thursday morning. Or maybe not!
THIS JUST IN - My pain medication is wearing off (12:23 p.m.). I have a dentist story to share in the morning... if I make it!
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
3 comments:
Since you mentioned Another Broken Egg - I thought I would offer that they have the most amazing blackberry grits ever! I know it sounds like the strangest combo - but the sweet and buttery taste is really worth it. Try them if you go.
Jennifer
We are definitely going now! It does sound like a strange combo, but I like to try new things at least once.
And I told Josh and Austin about the Krispy Kreme milkshakes, and I think Sunday afternoon I'll be plopping down $12 for two of those!
Talk to you later.
You might want to pull up the website for Flip Burger to get an idea of the type of place it is. www.flipburgerboutique.com
It's a little trendy, always crowded - but I still highly recommend the milkshake!
Post a Comment