Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pics are called "Chillin' on the Deck." As you can see, I've become so desperate for photos around here I'm taking pictures of the dogs, the kids AND appliances... all in the same five-minute period. (I'm counting Mikie's new phone as an appliance.) I think the phrase "epic summer" means (for me) doing absolutely nothing picture-worthy. Or so it would seem.
RANDOMNESS #1 - I watched Meredith's last day on The Today Show yesterday. I love send-offs, and this one did not disappoint. Lots of tears, video montages of all the funny things that happened to her over the past five years, special surprise guests, more tears... Good television!
While I liked Meredith and I hate to see her leave, I am glad Ann Curry is getting a turn to sit on the couch with Matt. She has waited a long, long time for her chance at the "big time."
And that's all I have to say about that!
RANDOMNESS #2 - I haven't mentioned it on the blog because I didn't want you to think less of me, but I have not been to Body Pump in over two weeks. In fact, I haven't done any sort of structured exercise in over two weeks.
My inability to exercise without a buddy has caused this little slump. When Cam has been able to go, I have had something scheduled. And vice versa.
And my exercise buddy has had a little bit on her plate the last few weeks. Her baby graduated from high school. Her second child graduated from college. Her future daughter-in-law graduated from college. Oh. And did I mention her second child is marrying her future daughter-in-law in a couple of weeks.
Talk about an "epic summer." I need to camp out in her driveway for a few days. I'm pretty sure I would have some pics for the Gallery. (And now, with all that is on her plate, she will have to worry about me sitting in her driveway waiting to take pictures. I'm just kidding, Cam!)
I've said all the above just to point out I am very sore... because Cam and I did go to Body Pump yesterday. And the only thing worse than being sore from REGULARLY attending Body Pump, is being sore because you've missed over two weeks of Body Pump.
My core (whatever the heck that is) is killing me!
Blog Linkage - I have three links for you, and I hope you like them.
1. Go to eighteen25 under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "Father's Day Tie Box" dated June 6. I thought this was a pretty cute gift idea for little ones to help make for Dad.
2. Go to Coal Creek Farms under My Blog List and scroll down to the post entitled "June = No TV!" dated June 3. This family turns off the TV every June and reaps the benefits of spending time playing board games, reading good books, talking to each other, etc., etc.
We have never turned the TV off for an entire month at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842). And I really couldn't have done it this month. You know. Because of Meredith's big send-off on The Today Show and all. However, the idea has always intrigued me.
While we have gone a day or two or three without TV because of other activities, a month seems a little daunting. One might even use the word "epic."
No promises, but I am going to think about the possibility.
3. Google Birmingham Bargain Mom today and any other day you have a free minute. Scroll through her vast list of freebies and discount bargains. Click on Entertainment on her sidebar and find specific things to do this weekend with your date OR family. She never disappoints.
Huntsville Space and Rocket Center Fireworks Date
Speaking of Birmingham Bargain Mom... This idea came straight from her website!
You'll need to go to www.spacecamp.com/store/fireworks-celebration to order your ticket(s). Print the invoice off and present it at the gate. The invoice will show the number of tickets you ordered. There is a limit of 6 tickets per family.
The following is Bargain Mom's description of the event:
For the first time ever, two of Huntsville's most iconic destinations have joined forces to give the greater Huntsville community a 4th of July celebration not to be missed. The Space and Rocket Center and Bridge Street Town Centre will host a day of events culminating in a dramatic duel fireworks show at dusk.
The Museum will be closed after 5:00 p.m., but gates to the facility re-open at 7:00 p.m. for the first 2011 people to go online and reserve a prime spot for fireworks viewing. Until the show starts, you can enjoy the following:
Space Shot and G-Force
Kids Cosmos
Continuous "Create-Your-Own-Rocket" Launches
Family Photos with Space Camp mascots
Food and beverages for purchase
Rocket City Jazz Band live underneath the Pathfinder Shuttle
The Fireworks Show begins at 8:45 p.m. and lasts for 20 minutes. It is synced with Bridge Street's show.
This sounds like a fun "family" date. Something new. Something different. Something memorable. Something FREE!
There are only about 1,000 tickets left, so if you want to go, reserve your tickets today!
BONUS - I've mentioned this several times on A Simple Life, but it is such a simple, fun way to plan a date with one of the kids.
Google "National Holidays in June" and click on one of several websites which list all of the official holidays for the month. Here are some crazy days you can celebrate with your date.
June 10 - National Yo-Yo Day - Go to your favorite fast food joint for dinner and then head to a store to purchase TWO yo-yos. Have a good time introducing your date to this classic toy!
June 20 - Ice Cream Soda Day - Need I say more? If you don't have a local ice cream store that makes ice cream sodas, head to the grocery store with your date to purchase the ingredients and make them at home.
June 22 - National Chocolate Eclair Day - Oh... my... goodness! Why can't every day be National Chocolate Eclair Day? Go to a nearby bakery and purchase two of these wonderful desserts!
June 24 - Museum Comes To Life Day - Pick a local museum you have never visited (or maybe a favorite) and spend an hour or two enjoying the exhibits.
June 26 - National Chocolate Pudding Day - Carve out some time in the kitchen and make your own chocolate pudding. OR you could go to the store and buy several different kinds of chocolate pudding. Take them home and have a taste test. Find the best tasting chocolate pudding EVER!
June 28 - Paul Bunyan Day - Check out an age-appropriate book about Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox, Babe. Find a cozy corner and enjoy some reading time together.
June 29 - Camera Day - Give your date the camera and take them wherever they want to go to take the perfect picture of the day!
Have a great Thursday. Plan a June date TODAY! I'll be back tomorrow with Weekend Happenings... and pictures of my friend, Cam, taken from my special spot in her driveway!
Take care, and I'll talk to you Friday.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
7 comments:
So glad to hear that you were sore! Misery loves company. At least we know it is not the flu. I think our shoes caused the problem. See you tomorrow. Love ya!
Cam
My fingers even hurt!
Hopefully, you didn't wear your tube top! LOL!
You're starting to hurt my feelings about the tube top!
Think about the possibilities by yourself.
The shoes ain't the problem.
And leave her alone about her tube top! She rocks it!!!
I have no doubt! I would personally like her picture in it to be the picture of the day!
Not gonna happen!
Post a Comment