Good Monday morning!
As you can tell from the SPARSE Gallery below, the weekend did not go as planned... at all.
Just the facts, please!
Friday, May 13 (Noon) - Roxie and I get the good news. After 14 weeks, her broken finger is as good as new. She can play ball!
Friday, May 13 (5:00 p.m.) - Roxie calls me to pick her up at the gym. She doesn't feel well.
Friday, May 13 (5:03 p.m.) - I pick Roxie up at the gym. She has a fever. She has a sore throat. She is sick!
Saturday, May 14 (8:00 a.m.) - Roxie and I head to the doctor's office for a shot. A shot of anything. A shot of magic medicine which will make her feel better IMMEDIATELY.
Saturday, May 14 (8:30 a.m.) - The doctor says they are not giving "magic medicine" shots this Saturday. The doctor says Roxie has a fever virus and will just have to let it run it's course.
Saturday, May 14 (8:31 a.m.) - Roxie and I decide to get Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappes to make our throat feel better (hers... not mine). We also talk about finding a new doctor.
Saturday, May 14 (3:30 p.m.) - Roxie has had no fever since the morning hours. She is incredibly weak, and has a headache and a sore throat. We decide to definitely find a new doctor.
Sunday, May 15 (8:00 a.m.) - The fever has been gone for almost 24 hours. Roxie is still weak, but fever-free. I decide a shower would make her feel (and smell) much, much better.
Sunday, May 15 (9:00 p.m.) - Roxie goes to bed early and rests well during the night. Volleyball tryouts begin tomorrow. She has to be at the school by noon or she cannot try out.
Monday, May 16 (8:00 a.m.) - Roxie is still fever-free, but very weak. She still has black rings under her eyes.
Monday, May 16 (5:00 p.m.) - This will be the end of the first day of volleyball tryouts. We are praying she will make the first cut.
Feel free to pray with us today. I know it is a little thing in the middle of all that is going on in the world, but to a 14 year-old chick, it is huge. (I'm thankful God doesn't mind us coming to him with the "little" things.)
RANDOMNESS #1 - Roxie and I spent Saturday watching the NCIS marathon. I have never watched NCIS. Austin introduced it to Roxie, and she loves it. I fell in love with Mark Harmon all over again. I am now officially hooked.
RANDOMNESS #2 - Roxie and I spent much of Sunday morning watching the Say Yes to the Dress marathon. I told Roxie if she EVER got me in front of a group of people and picked out a $10,000 wedding dress when I told her beforehand the budget was $3,000... and then had the NERVE to roll her 20-something eyes at me, she could get married in a Rue 21 dress!
She told me it was just a show, and I needed to calm down. (She was right.)
RANDOMNESS #3 - Josh is loving his new job, and I love that!
Since it is Just Another Mindless Monday, it is supposed to be short on words and long on pics. (Pretend there are 25 or more zoo pictures below. That's what I'm going to do today! Pretend!)
Have a great Monday. I have a wonderful recipe to share with you tomorrow morning, as well as volleyball news and probably some pictures of the dogs. (When I'm picture-poor in the Gallery, I tend to let you catch up with anything and everything going on with Sparkle and Copper. I think it's going to be that kind of week!)
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
4 comments:
I know that it is awesome to have a husband that will come to church and do both of your jobs so you can stay home with a sick baby, however, I don't believe Mikie needs to be ALLOWED to come to church unchaperoned ever again. jk. He was full of himself yesterday!
I heard... and I'm sorry! But I ask you, if you can't send your husband by himself to church, where can you send him? Obviously, the answer is nowhere.
I know, Mark Harmon - right!!?!
I have to tell you - same thing here quick fever, no energy,and Schyler wound up with pneumonia- so make sure she rests. Of course I don't know if we could have kept her from getting it.
I also have to say, after seeing the other comment, I am so glad your husband went on to church:) It makes me so happy to see men going to church when wives are at home with sick ones or for whatever reason. Not too many men do that anymore:( Good man.
Oh, and, it is a show, but I give you permission to not calm down. Those spoiled rotten little 20 something twits drive me nuts!! (I guess now Roxie is telling ME to calm down! LOL)
Mikie is a good man. (Back in the day, he would clean up after the kids got sick, too. He's a keeper.)
And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Say Yes to the Dress. Those spoiled chicks are going to drive their new husbands crazy.
Unlike little ol' unspoiled me!
Post a Comment