Good Monday morning!
Check out the Gallery Pics below for a SMALL pictorial of our weekend happenings. Nothing major, but enjoyable.
RANDOMNESS #1 - I will say our time with Matthew, my great-nephew, was VERY enjoyable Sunday afternoon. At three years of age, he is a delight. Smart, sweet and funny. Good qualities in men of all ages.
My niece and nephew, Brandi and Jared, will be having a baby in October, and we are beyond excited. We'll have a new baby for Thanksgiving, Christmas and next Easter. So much fun. We don't know if it is a boy or girl yet, but I'm not picky. I'll take either.
So far, Brandi hasn't been sick at all, and she looks wonderful. When she was pregnant with Matthew, she just had a little basketball in front, and it doesn't look like this baby will be any different.
October cannot get here fast enough!
RANDOMNESS #2 - Last Wednesday evening, a lady at our church asked me about speaking to some women in November. When I asked about the subject matter, she told me it was about seasons.
In my mind, I was already thinking about the possibilities of sharing the different Seasonal Traditions, Dates, Devotions, etc. I've collected over the years.
"What season would I be?" I asked.
"Well... You're not Winter. (Pause.) And you're not really Summer. So I was thinking Autumn."
"Oh! I absolutely LOVE Autumn. That is my favorite season. I have a TON of material for Autumn," I said, getting excited.
"Well... It's more of a "Season of Life" talk," she said, looking at me closely.
"Oh. Hmmm. I'm in the Autumn season of life," I said, more to myself than to her. I guess I hadn't thought of it that way.
I mean, I knew I wasn't anywhere near Spring, but I guess I hadn't completely ruled out Indian Summer. And because of my extreme body temperature fluctuations (Code for I'M GETTING HOTTER AND HOTTER... AND I DON'T MEAN IN A GOOD WAY), I certainly FEEL like I'm in the Summer season of my life.
But she's right. At 49 years of age, I am in the Autumn season of my life.
Now all I have to do is find out if she wants me to put a positive spin on it... or be completely honest. (I can do either!)
As far as the rest of the week goes on A Simple Life, I have some VERY good stuff to share. Especially the Seasonal Tradition on Wednesday. Oh, and the Date on Thursday. Not to mention I've already collected some very good Blog Linkage... and it's only Monday morning!
Have a fantastic Monday.
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting and Soon-To-Be Great-Aunt AGAIN Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment