Friday, February 25, 2011

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from Austin's birthday dinner Wednesday night. The food and service was great at Golden Rule (Austin's choice), but I have to say the restaurant has the WORST lighting EVER. And as you'll notice in the pics, I did NOT coordinate everyone's clothing. We look very hodge-podge... but happy.

RANDOMNESS #1 - I've been going to Body Pump for awhile now. This is just my opinion, but I like Body Pump better than Zumba because for the most part, I can actually DO all that is required of me in that class. I was always one or two (or 20) steps behind in Zumba.

However, as I have always said, exercise seems to have an opposite effect on me. People talk about endorphins and adrenaline being released into your system during and after exercise... which should make you feel better. I think I am endorphin and adrenaline-free.

After an hour of Body Pump, I just want to crawl into a nice soft bed and sleep until the next class. (And I would if it wasn't for the other people living in my house who want food, clean clothes, etc., etc. Sometimes they get on my last nerve!)

I'm thinking it may be too late for me. I'll continue to Body Pump, but I don't think you'll ever see me skipping out the door ready to take on the world. It's more of a "drag myself to the van" kind of thing.

But I'm good with that.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I just found out today that Ken (of Barbie and Ken fame) will turn 50 this year, too. His birthday is March 11. For some reason, that actually made me feel better. (I am now beyond pathetic.)

RANDOMNESS #3 - Josh begins a new job next week. After a lot of searching, he will start working at Classic Gardens & Landscape next Thursday. He is very excited. For some reason, unlike his Mom, he likes the "outdoor/manual labor" thing. I'm just hoping he can get me a discount on a Japaneses maple tree. (I love those!)

RANDOMNESS #4 - Did you notice anything different about A Simple Life today? It was time for a change.

I tried changing Belinda's Project Life, too, but I had a little trouble with my widgets. I cannot get yesterday's picture in the right column, but I'm working on it. Please be patient with me. Remember, I am technologically-challenged. Really, really bad.

Weekend Happenings

It's Party Central for our family this weekend! My MamMa will be 90 years-old tomorrow! NINETY! So my Mom and Aunt Connie have planned a big reception for her on her birthday. It's going to be a big party with friends and family. MamMa is excited, and I'm excited for her. It's going to be one of those "once in a lifetime" moments, and I'm proud to be a part of the festivities.

On Sunday afternoon, we'll be celebrating Austin's 20th birthday. Another huge milestone in our family. He's still young enough he celebrates all week long. We took him to dinner Wednesday, Melia has plans for him today and we'll finish with his party Sunday. The Boy has a good reason to be happy!

Other smaller, but still significant, parts of our weekend are as follows:

Josh will be attending an all-day Biology class at UAB with fellow students and his Biology teacher. He'll leave in time to attend the last hour of MamMa's party.

Roxie and Mikie are going on their February Father/Daughter date to Bonefish Grill Saturday night. Both are looking forward to their time together.

Josh and I are going to be watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail Saturday evening. Josh assures me I will love this movie. I'm thinking NOT. But I'm willing to try it for my child. (It better be good, or next week I'm making him watch Sleepless in Seattle!)

And just so you don't think we leave The Boy completely out of the picture, he's working at the Chick Saturday evening.

I think that's it. I hope so, because IT has turned into a busy, busy weekend.

I hope you and yours have a fabulous weekend filled with memories, family and friends.

Remember...

Plan those kid dates... and don't let anything interfere with your plans.

Plan those spouse dates... and don't let anything interfere with your plans.

Plan those family movie nights... and don't let anything interfere with your plans.

Plan those family game nights... and don't let anything interfere with your plans.

Plan those family devotions... and DON'T let anything interfere with your plans.

Those "things" are MORE important than any business meeting, doctor's appointment or errand you will ever have to run.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Party Animal Belinda

5 comments:

Beebo said...

Warm up Sleepless in Seattle...Just Sayin

Anonymous said...

You do not have to drag yourself to the van for body pump. I will come and pick you up.(Not literally) By the way, our shoulders should be summer worthy in only 375 more sessions!

Belinda said...

I'm almost positive I'll be dead before my shoulders are considered "summer worthy." I think I'll stick to that new-fangled invention called "sleeves!"

Unknown said...

A few things...
1)I like the new layout of the blog. I really love the tree on the side! Although it looks a little fall-ish and here we are going into spring. Just saying...

2) Joe ordered a Jap maple online a few years back for super cheap. It's done quite well in our yard. Let me know and I'll get the name of the company.
3) I meant to mention earlier in the week - that last year when my family went to Gatlinburg (same time as you) we went to Cades Cove and saw hundreds if not thousands of animals - all kinds. Funny - I can't imagine it without all the deer and horses and etc.

And lastly - I've been going to Body Jam at the Y the past few week. I do feel a shot of endorphins after class, but I really think it has more to do with the fact that I spend one full hour laughing at myself trying to keep up with everyone.

Have a great weekend!

Belinda said...

Hey, Jennifer...

I agreed with you about the fall tree. Although I would like for it to be autumn all year long, I decided to go the neutral route. You can't go wrong with birds... and it matches Belinda's Project Life. I like uniformity! (Is that right?)

If you think about it, I would like the name of the place you bought your Japanese maple. I love them.

Also, what time of day did you go to Cade's Cove? I've been many times in my lifetime, and this was probably the most "animal-less" time I've ever been. However, we were there in the middle of the day. I know you have a better chance of seeing animals early morning or dusk. (But I've seen them in the middle of the day, too!) It was kind of odd.

I haven't heard of Body Jam. Is it weights, dance, aerobics? Friday is my day off from exercise usually. Did I mention I love Fridays?

I'll talk to you later.

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!