Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Jam 2011 (Christian Concert Date)

Good Thursday morning!

The Gallery Pic is just a "Good-Bye 2011 Winter Weather Event" photo taken during the midst of the storm... on Tuesday, I think. My days are so mixed up.

RANDOMNESS #1 - Fun fact for you... For some reason during the summer months, weekends and school breaks, I don't watch the news. EVER. I am totally oblivious of the current events currently happening in and around the world. (I meant to use the word "current" twice, by the way.)

I go back to "Little House on the Prairie" days. I cook in the fireplace, beat my clothes clean on rocks in the stream behind our house and watch for prairie fires.
For some reason, it never occurs to me to watch the news when all the kiddos are at home and we have a break.

When everyone is in school and working, I am a news freak. I never miss Ann Curry on the top of the hour... each and every hour. I read the news page that pops up when the computer is turned on, AND I check talk show topics for the day to see if there is anything I need to watch on a certain subject while I'm ironing.

I am quite diligent when it comes to keeping up with the world around me when I am alone.

This isn't anything for you to worry about, and I don't want suggestions on how to fix the situation. I just noticed it myself, and thought it was a little strange... or perhaps enchanting!

RANDOMNESS #2 - I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon in Homewood. I wasn't concerned. I had driven all over my little town, and things were looking good. I responsibly called the doctor's office, and they gave me the "all clear" sign, so off I went.

Do you know how many bridges and overpasses there are between here and Homewood? Do you? And I'm not talking the main interstate. I'm talking the back roads. It took me a little over an hour to get to a doctor's office 20 minutes away... in a Giant Gold Van. (You'll notice the van grew a little during this drive.) I am proud to say, I slid only once, gained control of the Giant Gold Van, and I never touched another car all the way there and back!

(Well, except for when I slipped in the parking lot of the doctor's office and grabbed a mirror of a car on the way to the front door. Thanks to Body Pump, my upper body strength is amazing, and I was able to quickly gain my footing without ripping the mirror off of said car.)

And to celebrate my wreckless day on icy streets, I stopped by McDonald's for my monthly Caramel Frappe' to reward myself! It was a good day.

Blog Linkage - I have brand new links for you to try today. I think you will like them.

1. I know Christmas is over, but if you want a really fun way to "count down the days until Christmas" go to www.theboothbunch.blogspot.com and scroll down, down, down to the post entry entitled "A few of my favorite things! Christmas decorations 2010." Check out the buckets! I love them.

2. If you love tablescape ideas (and who doesn't), go to www.dining-delight.blogspot.com. This lady features a new tablescape every Thursday (and TODAY IS THURSDAY). After you enjoy today's tablescape, you can look on the right sidebar of her blog and click on picture after picture of themed tablescapes... and they are all beautiful.

3. On January 11, this blogger, writer and mother posted a normal post about trying to build a fire in their fireplace... without opening the flue. Yesterday, she had a stroke and by yesterday afternoon her condition was deteriorating. She is a wife and mother of two children, and I felt the need to share her blog and her story with you today because she needs our prayers... even though we don't know her personally.

It's also another reminder to live each and every moment. Don't just trudge through a day or wish the day over. Always try to remember, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Winter Jam 2011 (Christian Concert Date)

I haven't personally been to a Winter Jam event, but my sister and her family have been many times.

If you and one of your children enjoy contemporary Christian music and artists, this would definitely be a fun and inexpensive date night.

Winter Jam 2011 will be coming to the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center February 12. You only pay $10 per person at the door for an evening of music by a variety of Christian artists and bands. If you are not a fan of one band, don't worry. Within 15 minutes, a new band is up and playing.

This would be a perfect date with a tween or teen music-lovin' son or daughter. If you eat before the concert, be sure to go somewhere after the concert for dessert and coffee... so grown-up!

For more information, go to www.hearitfirst.com/winterjam/tour_dates.aspx. Plan ahead and have a great date.

Have a lovely Thursday. There is no way of knowing what opportunities God has placed in our path this Thursday, January 13, 2011, unless we open our eyes and hearts and look for them!

We'll have Weekend Happenings tomorrow, more pics in The Gallery and who knows what else.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!