Good Friday morning!
The Gallery Pics are of MERCHANDISE being sold on the INTERNET in connection with Austin's new radio show he hosts from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays at JSU. It's called The RED Zone, and he had his first show this past Tuesday. It's a college radio station, so the only way we can hear it is over the Internet... and this past Tuesday Roxie had a basketball game, so we missed it. In a few days, it will be available on Podcast, and we'll be able to catch up.
Do not be surprised when you see the Faulkner Five walking around town in "Whup Troy" t-shirts, hoodies and hats. Also, don't be surprised if you get a "Whup Troy" coffee mug for your birthday and/or Christmas present.
RANDOMNESS #1 - In other news, I tried the oatmeal at McDonald's yesterday. As always, I'm trying to stay on the cutting edge of any and all new fast food releases so you, the reader, will be informed at all times.
As far as oatmeal goes, it was pretty good. They use Granny Smith apples which are extremely tart, and walnuts (which I do not care for as much as the toasted pecan and/or cashew), but all in all it would have been very good if I had just added one package of Splenda to the mix.
There are golden raisins and cranberries (which I love), and a faint taste of maple. If you are an oatmeal person (and I am), it is good and filling... just not quite sweet enough.
Oh, and for some reason they serve it all day long. I don't know if I could eat oatmeal after 11:00 a.m.
That is my review of McDonald's oatmeal. Do with it what you will.
NOTE - You know I take full credit for the success of the Caramel Frappe' in our small town. Let's see if there is a run on McDonald's Oatmeal in the coming weeks!
RANDOMNESS #2 - As promised, here is the third part of "Handbook for 2011."
Social
1. Call your family often.
2. Each day, give something good to others.
3. Forgive everyone for everything.
4. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
5. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
6. What other people think of you is none of your business.
7. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
Weekend Happenings
It's going to be an exciting weekend! Mikie and I will be celebrating our 23rd year of wedded bliss. As is our custom, we spend a night away at a nice hotel in our area. We will have a quiet, uninterrupted dinner and watch one of the 139 or more current non-animated movies we haven't seen over the past year.
We're staying at a really "different" and fun hotel this time. I'm not going to tell you the name, but I'll do a reveal Monday morning. I will say Mikie and I are WAY too un-hip to stay in such a hip hotel, but they said we could come anyway. Very exciting!
The remainder of the weekend will be spent at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842), and here and there around town. The only other exciting thing going on for the Faulkner Five this weekend is the Auburn/Tennessee ladies' basketball game. Mikie, Roxie, Austin (and maybe Josh) are planning on heading to The Plains Sunday after church to catch the game and soak in some "Auburn-ness."
I plan on keeping the home fires burning and doing load after load after load of laundry. It will be a great day!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I WILL NOT BE ADDING A PICTURE TO BELINDA'S PROJECT LIFE TONIGHT, but I'll catch up Saturday and Sunday. Next week, expect more of the same on A Simple Life. It's going to be a good, good week!
Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
1 comment:
Can I put in my order for a whup troy mug...and I make at least 3 people not only smile everyday, but laugh. Now whether it's with me or at me I'm still not sure
Post a Comment