Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quick Chicken Divan

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are of the Carousel Carving School I mentioned in yesterday's post. Pretty cool, huh? The pics aren't that great because it as SO sunny, and I couldn't find a good angle, but you get the general idea. I had no idea such a school existed.

RANDOMNESS #1 - It's Basketball Tournament time. This is our last week of basketball for the season. The girls won their game last night, and we play again tonight. We'll go into tonight's game with two injured players (ankles), and Roxie playing with a floating bone in her finger. I'll have basketball pics on the blog tomorrow. Something to look forward to... actual pictures of people.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I was reading an article called "Weird Symptoms, Explained" recently. As a panic attack sufferer, this was NOT a good article for me to read, but I was sucked in by the word "Weird." These are a few of my favorites.

1. You always sneeze in threes. (I don't do this. Mikie does. Every morning. Right after he wakes up.) Don't worry! The articles says, "Sneeze! Once, twice or four or more times... all are perfectly normal." I don't think this is perfectly normal, but since I don't have the problem, I decided not to worry about it and move on to the next "weird" symptom.

2. Your eyelids start to spasm. (This one is mine. It happens all the time, and it lasts FOREVER!) "Stress, fatigue or too much caffeine is probably at the root of the problem." Yes, yes and yes! They suggest taking deep, relaxing breaths to make the spasms go away. I usually just drink a couple more Diet Mt. Dews.

3. You have floaters in your eyes. (I definitely have this one, and I talked to my eye doctor about it, too. He said it was "normal" for people my age to have floaters. Until I read this article, I felt good about being normal for my age.) "Those little white specks that drift across your field of vision are probably just tiny pieces of tissue that stray into the jelly-filled chamber of each eye." Uh... yuck. Oh, and my floaters are NOT white.

"If the floaters are black or are accompanied by flashing lights, you need to see a doctor." Great. I can't tell if mine are black or navy blue... but they are definitely NOT white.

And the "flashing light" part... not good. I pull the Big Gold Van over all the time because I think the police are behind me!

Fun fact for you... I still haven't gotten a speeding ticket, and I'm 153 days into my 49th year. My goal was to not get a speeding ticket before I turned 50. So far, so good!

NOTE TO SELF - Call Eye Doc this afternoon!

RANDOMNESS #3 - I forgot to share the last part of "Handbook for 2011" with you yesterday. You must have the last part!

Life

1. Do the right thing!

2. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

3. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

4. The best is yet to come.

5. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.

Quick Chicken Divan

Okay. I'm going to share a post with you Thursday in Blog Linkage. It is written by a woman who has decided to prepare Sunday lunches (dinners) for her family and friends instead of going out to eat after church (at last a couple of times a month). The kind of Sunday lunches (dinners) she remembers having as a child. On the post I will be sharing THURSDAY, she has several wonderful recipes and ideas for meals you can prepare ahead of time and pop into the oven as soon as you get home from church, OR some good slow cooker recipes. This, my friends, is a teaser for Thursday's post!

You will need the following:

2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
2 cooked boneless chicken breast halves (chopped)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Place broccoli in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Top with the chicken.

3. In a small bowl, blend the Cream of Chicken soup, Cream of Mushroom soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the chicken.

4. Top with Cheddar cheese.

5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.

The Divan sounds Divine, doesn't it? She prepares it the night before, so on Sunday she just bakes it when they come home from church.

Don't forget to check back Thursday on A Simple Life for directions to this chick's blog. Believe me. You'll want several of these recipes and ideas.

Have a great Tuesday. Wednesday's Wisdom and Seasonal Tradition/Party have already been picked out, and I'm just waiting until tomorrow morning to post, post, post!

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to make the Chicken Divan even better (and by better I do not mean healthier) - then add crumbled potato chips on top. The salt and crunch add the missing element.

Belinda said...

I like that. I like that a lot. (And sometimes "better" and "healthier" just don't go together, do they?) I'm going to add the chips.

Joan said...

FYI If you "like" Gardendale Chick-fil-A on facebook, they will send you a message back. If you print this message out and take it to the Gardendale location they will give you a free Calendar. I love Freebies!!!

Beebo said...

FYI, you actually have to drive over the speed limit to get a speeding ticket...LOL.
Hey, did you know that the "Rose of Sharon" is not a rose at all. I found that out today.
Love Ya

Belinda said...

Joan... I'm going to share that on the blog tomorrow. I, too, am a freebie nut, and that's a good one.

Bev... You better hope it doesn't snow! I've got everything packed and ready. We're moving in and sledding for the entirety of the snow event. Start preparing Tommy.

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!