Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Good Tuesday morning!

I've added a few more Resolutions to the Gallery Pics today. And the resolutions still keep coming. Whether I'll be able to keep any of them or not, only time will tell. (I have been combing my hair more... and I've scheduled a haircut. Things are looking up.)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Melia and her mother, Lisa, made Strawberry Butter, and sent a container to our home. Oh... my... goodness! I LOVE Strawberry Butter. I will be sending Miss Melia a Facebook message asking if I can share their recipe next Tuesday on A Simple Life. (Austin and I finished off the first container, and they were kind enough to send a second. It is good stuff!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - Since receiving my "Top Must-Read Blog" award for college students new to this area, I have been receiving some questions from new readers. I feel the need to answer in order to clarify some of the things I take for granted on A Simple Life. I'll be answering one or two a day for the remainder of the week.

Irina from the Ukraine asks, "Why do you refer to yourself as 'The Enchanting Belinda?'"

This is a good question. I was at a party, and we played a game. You had to pick one adjective you WISHED described you. My favorite movie is You've Got Mail starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. There's a part in the movie where someone is talking about Meg Ryan's character, Kathleen Kelly, and her mother. The man describes Kathleen's mother as "Enchanting. Simply enchanting." (I want that on my tombstone!)

I am NOT enchanting. In my mind, you have to be petite (I am 5'9"), and a lot of other things I am not to be considered enchanting. But if I had to pick an adjective (and I did), it would be "enchanting."

That is why I refer to myself as "The Enchanting Belinda" at the end of each post. It's a wish... not a fact.

I'll answer two more questions tomorrow.

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Since I host a Super Bowl Party for Josh, Austin and friends each year, I'm always looking for a new "man-pleasing" recipe... and I think this might be IT for 2011. I found this in my new Southern Living magazine. There were several dip recipes listed, and while they all looked good (except for the Muffuletta Dip... I don't do olives), I knew ALL of my guys would eat the Loaded Baked Potato Dip.

You will need the following:

1 2.1 ounce package fully cooked bacon slices
1 16 ounce sour cream
2 cups freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chives
2 teaspoons hot sauce

SERVE WITH WAFFLE FRIES (The secret ingredient!)

1. Microwave bacon according to package directions until crisp. Drain on paper towels.

2. Cool 10 minutes and crumble.

3. Stir together bacon and next 4 ingredients.

4. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving.

5. Serve with crispy, warm waffle fries.

Does that sound good, or what?

Have a blessed Tuesday. I know most of our area started back to school today. Except for The Boy, who is moving around upstairs, it is totally quiet in the house... very unusual after the holiday break. I'll miss the kids and the break, but I like the quiet every now and again. (I'll be tired of it by next week, I am sure.)

Wednesday Wisdom and a Seasonal Tradition are well worth a visit tomorrow. Plus, I still have a couple of Resolution pics to add to the Gallery, and some questions which must be answered.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

4 comments:

Beebo said...

As far as I'm concerned you are very enchanting. It is a fact not a wish.
Love You

Belinda said...

Ahhh... That was a very sweet comment, Sister of Mine! I shall save it always!

Mrs. Jennifer said...

DO you have your comments emailed to you? Because I commented on an older post whilst I was snooping for some party ideas and I started wondering if you would see it.

Belinda said...

No. I don't know how to do that. Do you remember which post it was? And can you talk me through how to have my comments e-mailed to my address?

I know you said you checked a box. Where is such a box?

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!