Friday, November 5, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

I've added a couple of extra Halloween pics to the Gallery this morning. Other than major appliance purchases yesterday, there wasn't much to photograph around here. I did wait a safe distance from my retaining wall shrubbery for about 30 minutes to see if the badger or wolverine would make an appearance. THAT would have been a great picture. However, they are crafty creatures, and they did not leave their cover. Maybe today!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'm officially a Zumba Body Pumper! I attended my second Body Pump class yesterday afternoon. After removing one of the two tiny weights on each side of the bar, I discovered I was still sore this morning, but not in that "TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL" kind of way. But rather, in the normal, "I'VE EXERCISED AND MY BODY IS REACTING AS IT SHOULD" kind of way.

My goal is to exercise four to six times a week... which will include my two-mile morning walks (which I don't do every day, but I should). Hopefully, I'll be able to accomplish that goal. Right now, I'd very much like to crawl back into my nice, warm bed and pretend the house is perfectly clean, the laundry is done, dinner is in the crockpot, etc., etc., etc.

But reality calls, and I have to try at least once more today to catch the badger and/or wolverine living in my shrubbery. Since Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) is a working squirrel farm, I cannot help but wonder if these carnivorous animals might damage our squirrel population. It's hard work being a farmer these days.

RANDOMNESS #2 - I talked to a friend in the grocery store this week. She said she was thinking of sending a "real" Christmas card letter with her cards this year. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do that, but wouldn't it be fun to be that free.

Here's a little example... NORMAL CHRISTMAS CARD LETTER - "It has been a fantastic year, and even with all the wonderful and amazing events which took place over the last 12 months, I haven't changed a bit and can still wear my 14 year-old daughter's skinny jeans comfortably. People are constantly coming up to us and asking if we are sisters. I hope you and yours are aging as well as The Faulkner Five. Merry, Merry Christmas!"

REAL CHRISTMAS CARD LETTER - "I've gone up a size in the jean department, and that's why the only part of me showing in the Christmas card picture is my face from my nose up. Perfect placement of the three giant kids and the two beagles is key! Menopause and gravity are taking their toll, and I'm trying daily not to kill Mikie and the kids as my mood swings are not yet controlled by the massive medication my idiot doctor said should help. Oh, well. Hope you and yours have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Like I said... I'm not sure I'm brave enough, but it is a very intriguing idea, isn't it?

Weekend Happenings

The Faulkner Five have a nice weekend planned. The Boy is coming home this afternoon because his SATURDAY IS FREE! That's right. The team is traveling, but the band is not... and there is no exhibition scheduled for this Saturday. We will get to see him four days in a row instead of just Sunday afternoon and early, early Monday morning. It's a sweet treat, I tell you.

Roxie has plans with a friend tonight, but the rest of the Faulkner Five are planning on eating together and watching a movie. However, since I'm a little outnumbered, I'm pretty sure it will not be a chick flick.

The Lovely Melia's birthday is tomorrow, so she and Austin have plans to spend the day together. They are very excited, and I don't blame them. I think they have some fun things planned.

Josh will spend part of the day with friends. I think a movie may be in the works.

Roxie, Katie and I will be heading to Christmas Village for an afternoon of "getting into the Christmas spirit." I'm looking forward to spending time with the chicks.

My job at Christmas Village is finding all the dip booths... and the peanut brittle booths... and the soup booths... and the eggnog booths... and the hot chocolate/cider booths. I do an excellent job. It's a gift, I tell you. AND because I'm so good at my job, we rarely spend money on food at Christmas Village. We leave full and happy!

On Sunday afternoon, I will be taking the Big Gold Van on a Mystery Bag Party. I'm very excited, and I hope everyone has a good time. I'll have pictures and stories on Mindless Monday, I am sure.

Sunday night finds the Faulkner Five back at Faulkner Farms (circa 1842) eating dinner together before another busy week of school and work begins. I'm really looking forward to the holiday breaks which will be arriving shortly. I think everyone needs the time off, don't you?

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Don't forget to reach out to someone today. There are hurting people all around us. Let's all remember to not get too busy to care. (And by saying, "Let's all remember," I mean ME!)

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!