Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pic is of my pre-lit deer... which stays inside during the holiday season... even though the box clearly states "Outside Lawn Ornament." Roxie may be mortified, but I like him!
RANDOMNESS #1 - Zumba is going to be the death of me. I thought I had a new favorite instructor. We'll call him K. K WAS very repetitive, which in Zumba Land is a positive. It takes me a while to learn steps and movements, etc. K would do the same step over and over and over... and I as able to "get it."
Our first instructor (we'll call her Y) was, and is, excellent. However, she goes from one movement to another in a heartbeat. It was, and is, very hard for me to catch on or catch up or whatever.
Now, put both of them in the same session together taking turns teaching the class. K turns into Y. He is fast, frenetic, not as repetitive and just plain hard (for me) to follow. I miss the old K. A lot.
NOTE - It also didn't help that one of the songs lasted 11 minutes last night. That's right. I said it! IT LASTED 11 MINUTES! It's a small miracle I'm hear to post today!
RANDOMNESS #2 - Since exercise is my life now, I will also share a fact/myth with you. All of my adult life, I have heard about the benefit of exercise and endorphins.
"One of the body's own painkillers, an opioid (morphine-like) chemical produced by the body that serves to suppress pain. (HA!)
"Endorphins are manufactured in the brain, spinal cord, and many other parts of the body. They are released in response to neurotransmitters. Endorphins act as analgesics (diminishing the perception of pain) and as sedatives. (Again, HA!)"
Endorphins supposedly are released into the body during and after exercise.
Fun fact for you... I have no endorphins. None. Nada.
I may have to start taking another supplement.
Blog Linkage - I have three links to share today, so find your reading glasses.
1. Go to Big Mama under My Blog List. Go to the bottom of today's post, and click on "Previous Entries." Continue to do this until you come to a post entitled "The Where Against the Why" dated November 9, 2010. It's a very good read.
2. Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List. Click on "Photography" at the top of her page. She had a contest this week. She asked people to send their favorite animal photos. Whether you are an animal lover or not, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy these pics.
3. To go www.katiemitchell.wordpress.com. Katie lost her sweet Dad recently, and she has written a beautiful post about their relationship. It's a wonderful tribute to her Dad.
Enjoy your reading time.
Veteran's Day Parade Date
It's Veteran's Day and downtown Birmingham will be busy this afternoon while one of the nation's oldest and largest Veteran's Day Parades is held. Take one of your older kids on a Parade Date. Not only will it be fun and educational for your child, but it will truly be a great way to honor our veterans.
The Parade starts at 1:30 p.m. The Parade typically lasts about 90 minutes, which means streets will remain blocked from noon until 3:00 p.m.
Parade participants will include military and high school bands, floats, veteran's groups, ROTC groups and a variety of military active and retired units, along with civic and support organizations.
The Parade route is as follows:
Begin: 8th Avenue North and 19th Street
South on 19th Street to 5th Avenue North
East on 5th Avenue to 22nd Street
South on 22nd Street to 2nd Avenue North
West on 2nd Avenue to 18th Street
North on 18th Street to Sixth Avenue North
NOTE - If your date is a little young, 90 minutes might be too long. You can park a few blocks away and walk to the beginning point of the Parade. (Also, if you are with a younger child, try to get as close to the starting point of the Parade as you can.)
ANOTHER NOTE - Be sure to get there early. You can have a snack in the car before you walk (not run) to the Parade site.
Have a great Thursday. Be sure to thank any and all veterans and/or their families you may see today... or any day for that matter. Their sacrifice for God and country is more than I can even fathom.
I looked for a Veteran's Day Quote to share, but I kept coming back to my favorite patriotic song by Lee Greenwood.
If tomorrow all the things were gone
I’d worked for all my life,
And I had to start again
With just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
And they can’t take that away.
I’m proud to be an American
Where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you,
And defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land.
God bless the U.S.A.
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
2 comments:
Okay I am SO going to have to do the hiding deer thing! So funny! And I am definitely pro-8 ft penguin. Actually being a 6 feet tall female, I am pro anything taller than me!
Please tell me you have inflatables, too. I had a feeling you might, but I wasn't quite sure!
Many of my friends are anti-inflatable, but they send me Christmas cards (which is my favorite thing in the world) so I don't argue the benefits of tacky inflatables in their yards.
I just keep my opinions (even though they are absolutely right) to myself.
Post a Comment