Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pics are of Roxie playing basketball in the driveway. We eat, sleep and dream basketball these days. While we were in the driveway, our friend, Mia, made an appearance. It's been over a week since I've seen pretty Mia, which means major work has been performed around her fenced-in backyard by Dee and family... and it's taken her that long to figure out how to escape. I've got to give it to her. She's a pretty smart little dog.
RANDOMNESS - Here's a little pre-Thanksgiving "funny" story I found and wanted to share.
A man in Tampa calls his daughter, Sue, in California before Thanksgiving and announces to her that he and his wife are getting a divorce after fifty years of marriage.
"What? You can't do that!" exclaimed the daughter.
"Yes. We can't stand each other. Irreconcilable differences and all. We really hate even seeing each other. We're glad to be done. Please let your sister and brother know since I don't want to talk about it any more."
The daughter frantically calls her sister and brother, both of whom also explode and vow their parents will not be getting a divorce now. Sue calls back her father and tells him, "There's no way you're getting divorced. We're coming there tomorrow to sort this thing out. Don't do or say anything to Mom before we get there."
As she hangs up the phone, her father turns to her mother and says, "Okay, they're all coming for Thanksgiving, and we don't even have to spend a dime for their airfare."
I may have to use this one day!
Blog Linkage - I have a link I want you to read which goes with the Topic of the Week a couple of weeks back... Matters of the Heart. Also, if you are a scrapbooker, I have a link which has a wonderful idea about how to "show-off" your newly created pages.
1. Click on Nitty.Gritty. under My Blog List. Read the post entitled "Down, but not totally out" dated November 17. Jody has a brand-new baby, a two-year old, a child who has just undergone major surgery and is unable to walk because both of her legs are in casts... and three other children. She talks about her "heavy heart" and feeling totally overwhelmed with her life right now, but she also talks about hope and where that hope comes from... God.
2. For all of you scrapbookers out there, go to www.lisabearnson.com and under "Recent Blog Posts" click on "Just to make you laugh, plus my latest pages" dated November 11. Lisa has a great way to display her pages as house decor. I love it.
Enjoy your extra reading for the day.
Run/Walk... 5K Date
I have the perfect date for you and yours coming up December 4. It is the 2010 Jingle Bell Run/Walk in Birmingham. The Run/Walk begins at 9:25 a.m. at Underwood Park. Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. The ad reads as follows:
Be there with bells on!
Get in the spirit this holiday season at the Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. Be one of the thousands of runners and walkers who hit the nation’s pavements, pathways and parks this winter to fight arthritis, the nation’s most common cause of disability.
Jingle Bell Run/Walk is a fun and festive way to kick off your holidays by helping others! Wear a holiday themed costume. Tie jingle bells to your shoelaces. Run or walk a 5 kilometer route with your date and celebrate the season by giving.
There are Run/Walks all over the place. They benefit cancer, arthritis, diabetes, etc.
Pick one in the near future. Plan to have breakfast with your child before hitting the pavement. Not only will you be giving time and money to a worthwhile charity, you'll be setting an example for your child for years to come.
NOTE - This could very easily turn into a transition date... a date you have with your child each and every year, even as they turn into a teenager and young adult.
Just think about the possibilities!
Have a tremendous Thursday. It's going to be a busy day, but the Thanksgiving holidays are in sight. YES! Remember to leave your own personal Thanksgiving traditions, recipes and/or ideas in the Comment Section. You may inspire others to try something new.
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment