Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Children's Theater on Family Weekends

Good Wednesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are family photos taken at Josh's party. Nothing more! Nothing less!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Sometimes when I start writing a post, a page will come up with a message that reads, "Your cookie has been functionally disabled. Try again." I have no idea what that means, but it cracks me up! It is SUCH a miracle I was able to figure out how to start a blog. You will never, ever know! (I also like the word "widget" which comes up now and again!)

RANDOMNESS #2 - I read the following on a blog this morning, and I wanted to share it with you. I like it. I totally agree with the writer's outlook and suggestions.

"I am out of gas. I know that we all feel that way sometimes, and it's not just because I have some 'medical conditions' that make me worn out. I know we are all physically and emotionally exhausted, which is why I am going to let you in on a few secrets of mine:

"1. I make a 'Quiet Time' sign and put it on my front door when I need a nap, or down time with the boys. There is no reason why Quiet Signs just have to be for napping children. I suggest you take full advantage of it, too.

"2. I make home a priority. Nothing ever comes before my family time. Nothing.

"3. I leave at least one day a week for nothing. No house-work, yard work, errands, shopping, computer, and cooking (among other things). Life just comes as it comes.

"If I can do those three simple things, I feel so much better with myself, and my energy is easily distributed to the things that really do matter at this point in my life. You know, like playing Legos and stuff."

This sweet lady is in the "young children at home" time of her life, but her priorities are very good. Making sure you have quiet time to pray and re-group and de-stress is important... whether you are a stay-at-home-mom, a working mom, a mom of young children, a mom of teenagers, etc.

Home is a priority to her, too. She has a busy, full life with four young children, but I can imagine her calendar has family events written in INK.

I think the one day a week of doing nothing would be more difficult, but at the same time, something to definitely strive for. And it doesn't necessarily have to be an entire day if that is just impossible with older kids and their schedules. Maybe it is something you could plan once a month. But a whole Sunday afternoon (after church, of course) with NOTHING planned and letting life happen... Well, that sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Like I said... I just wanted to share.

Wednesday Wisdom - I'm still using the Fruits of the Spirit for Wednesday Wisdom. Today's "fruit" is JOY! I have been privileged to know a handful of truly joyful people in my lifetime. They are not on every street corner, and when you are in the presence of someone who knows joy and spreads joy, you are in very good company!

“Joy is the feeling of grinning inside.” Melba Colgrove

“A joy shared is a joy doubled." Anonymous

"Joy is increased by spreading it to others." Robert Murray McCheyne

“When you express your gratitude, you will bring joy to others’ lives." Arthur Dobrin

Children's Theater on Family Weekends

I got this idea from Birmingham Bargain Mom. I always LOVED going to Children's Theater with my kids when they were in preschool and elementary school. It was so much fun. However, if your children's school doesn't provide Children's Theater field trips, below you will find a deal too good to pass up. It is only good for today, so take advantage of it if you think you and your family would enjoy going to the Theater this fall season!

Today you and your child can each enjoy a ticket to any three BCT MainStage performances with a Stage Door Friends membership for only $25 (a $50 value).

The tickets will be good for any of the MainStage performances! That includes Zorro, Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Tuxedo Junction, Beauty and the Beast, Little Red Hen or Jack and the Beanstalk! Pick THREE shows because you have two tickets to any three shows out of that group!

If you are a family of four, I'm not sure if you could by two Stage Door Friends memberships (Mom buy a membership for $25 for her and a child, and Dad buy a membership for $25 for him and the other child.) If it worked that way, it would cost you only $50 for your family to attend THREE of these excellent plays. I never saw a Children's Theater production I didn't love.

For more information about today's DEAL, Google "Birmingham Bargain Mom." Click on her website. Click on "Entertainment" on her left sidebar. The first item in the list is called "Living Social Today's Deal." When you click on that title, you will have all the info you need to purchase tickets TODAY!

If going to three shows is out of the question. Below you will find the information you need to get tickets for at least one of the shows...

Family Day weekend tickets are available for purchase online, over the phone (205- 458-8181) or in person. Tickets are $10 adult and $8 children. Children under 18 months do not need a ticket.

Once you go to one show, you'll be hooked... and it can become a tradition for you and your family for several years to come.

Have a great Wednesday. Make it count! I'll be back Thursday with linkage and a date! Definitely come back!

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!