Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pic is of my September flag billowing in the breeze. It is an Auburn flag (in case you couldn't tell). Although we will root for Jacksonville State University AND our local high school and middle school teams enthusiastically and loudly, before we had a son at JSU or children attending middle school and high school... there was Auburn. And while I have MANY, MANY young friends attending the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and even participating in The Million Dollar Band (and I am EXTREMELY proud of all of them), may I simply say this beautiful September day... WAR EAGLE! Ahhh. That felt good!
RANDOMNESS #1 - When I opened the front door a few minutes ago, a chipmunk tried to run into my house. What does it mean when woodland animals think they would be just as comfortable INSIDE my house as they would be in the woodlands... where they belong? I'm afraid the Baby Komodo Dragon who made an appearance in the den a few weeks ago may have spread the word that not only is my house a refuge for teenagers, but also for small, furry rodents and reptiles.
This will not do. This will not do AT ALL!
I'll be packing an airsoft pistol the rest of the day. I'm not letting them overtake my home without a fight!
RANDOMNESS #2 - I wanted to share a little side note I found in my Bible yesterday morning about faithfulness. It was written by Sheila Walsh.
"I used to have an answer for most problems in life. I had a lot to say on almost any subject. I now have fewer answers, and they might be reduced to the simple phrase, God is faithful. I don't say that lightly or without thought; I say it because I know it is true, and I have discovered that it is true no matter what is happening in my life... I don't mean that He will wave a magic wand and everything will fall into place; far from it. What I mean is that if in the darkest times in our lives we will learn to keep turning our face toward Him, He is faithful. Faithful to be with us, faithful to watch over us, faithful to work in us to make us the men and women we are called to be."
That is so powerful, isn't it? I especially love, "...if in the darkest times in our lives we will learn to keep turning our face toward Him, He is faithful."
I like that. I like that He is the consistent, constant, never disappointing, never too busy to listen, faithful presence in my life. I like that... a lot.
Blog Linkage - I only have two links to share today, but they are excellent.
1. Click on Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List. Once you are on the main page, go to the top and click on Photography. She is having a contest and the theme is "Funny." The pictures are hilarious! She'll be posting new pictures tonight, Friday and Saturday before picking a winner. I don't know how she'll be able to choose!
2. Click on Nitty.Gritty. under My Blog List and read Jody's post entitled "Mixed Emotions" dated September 7. It is an excellent post about accepting your new "normal" when your old "normal" no longer exists... for whatever reason. It will make you grateful for the little, inconsequential, day-to-day, "normal" moments you take for granted every single day of your life. I think it will make your Thursday, September 9, 2010 much, much better!
Surprise a Friend Date
Okay. This date is a Mother/Daughter date. Here are the rules!
1. Have your daughter make a list of her most precious friends. (This could be anywhere from 11 to 99 girls, so brace yourself.)
2. Beside each girl's name, write their birthday.
3. The day before each girl's birthday, you and your daughter will need to go to The Dollar Tree, a local grocery store or florist and purchase $3 worth of balloons. You can get one big "Happy Birthday" balloon, or two or three colored balloons.
4. If your daughter is crafty, spend a little time together and make a card for the birthday girl.
5. The night before the friend's birthday (around 9:00 p.m.), climb in the van (or other mode of transportation) and head to the friend's house.
6. Quietly, quietly tiptoe to the front porch and leave the balloons and card tied to the doorknob. Make your way back to the car.
7. Once you have driven away, have your daughter make a quick telephone call asking her friend to look outside for a little surprise. (Girls ADORE little surprises!)
8. Now that you and your chick have made someone else happy, it's time to go through a drive-thru for a Caramel Frappe' OR milkshake OR soft drink and fries. Take a few minutes to sit and talk and enjoy this time together. End the evening by praying specifically for the birthday girl.
This "date" could take place a number of times throughout the year, but it doesn't take an enormous amount of time out of your day OR your budget. If you make the card yourself, the balloons will cost between $1.50 to $3.00. You'll be making memories with your child, teaching kindness and thoughtfulness example AND it's a good excuse to have a Caramel Frappe' (as if I need an excuse).
It's a win-win-win!
Have a simply wonderful Thursday. As always, A Simple Life will feature Weekend Happenings and a little of this and a little of that bright and early Friday morning. It's nice to know some things never change, isn't it?
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment