Good Thursday morning!
The Gallery Pics are of the pups. It is too hot to move, so their main goal in life is to find a shady spot and "be still." I add ice to their water several times a day, and it melts before our very eyes. I've offered to let them come in, but they refuse. (This I do NOT understand!)
RANDOMNESS - As of today, I have written 464 posts on A Simple Life. That's a pretty big number, isn't it?
On August 26, 2010, I will have successfully completed my Belinda's Project 365 blog (hopefully). A whole year of my life documented with a picture a day. Another big number.
On October 19, 2010, I will have been blogging a total of two years. That's a pretty long time in "blog" years.
In the next few days, I'll be making some decisions about A Simple Life. I will also be thinking about the possibility of documenting my 49th year of life on yet another picture blog.
I've learned a lot the last two years. I've tried new recipes, new restaurants, new activities, new parties, new traditions, etc. from other blogs I've kept up with during that time.
I've made a few new friends. (Real people I have met, talked to and liked very much).
I've talked to quite a few people who have dealt with, or are dealing with, mental illness on a daily basis in their own lives or the lives of someone in their family.
I've read a lot about developing a new "normal" in your family when the old "normal" has disappeared because of illness or grief.
I have laughed, learned and sometimes even cried reading other stories and sharing some of my own.
It has been a relief to "talk" and "get things off my chest," and not feel as if I was boring or burdening someone... because people are free to read or not!
All in all, it has been an enjoyable, positive experience, and one I wouldn't have missed for the world.
As anniversary dates draw nigh, I'll be letting you in on decisions made, changes, etc. as "I figure things out." In fact, you'll be the first to know!
Blog Linkage - Okay. Here are two links for you to read today AFTER you finish A Simple Life. Priorities, girls. Priorities!
1. Click on Big Mama under My Blog List and scroll down today's post to Previous Entries. You'll need to do this twice to arrive at your "must read" post today... "Thin Mints and Nicotine" dated August 10. It gave me a chuckle, and I like to share things which give me a chuckle.
2. Click on Confessions of a Pioneer Woman under My Blog List. At the top of her page, click on "Cooking." Scroll past the Raspberry Crisp until you come to the post entitled "Super Sonic Breakfast Burrito" dated August 9. This looks like a fun, everyone-put-their-own-together dinner. All I have to do is place the ingredients on the table, and everyone gets to create their own burrito! Don't you love her cooking pictures?
Switch Dates
This one is pretty simple in theory. If you have a "Mom" date that is a favorite with you and one of your kids, let Dad take them on this date instead.
For me and Roxie, our "norm" date is shopping. She loves to shop, so we do this quite often together. If we're at the Galleria, we stop at Auntie Anne's Pretzels for a snack in the middle of our shopping excursion. It's predictable, but it is fun.
As you know, Mikie decided to solve the first-day-of-school outfit dilemma by taking Roxie to the Galleria for a shopping date. Five hours and 30 minutes later, they came home empty-handed except for two bangle bracelets. However, they did have fun. And what would have been a comfortable, ordinary date for me and Roxie was new and exciting for her and her Dad.
They even changed the snack destination. They went to Cindy's Cinnamon Rolls instead of Auntie Anne's. It's good to switch things up a bit.
I've been thinking, and if we did a total switch, I would go fishing with the guys. (That is Mikie's "predictable," but fun, date with them.) I'm sure it wouldn't be the same, but I do think it would be memorable.
It's in the works!
What is a regular date for you and one of your kids? Is it eating breakfast at a certain restaurant on Friday mornings before school? Is it going to a chick flick... or an action flick? Let the other parent take your place every now and again, and see how it turns out. It might be interesting!
Have a great Thursday. The week has flown by, hasn't it? On Friday, I'll share some Weekend Happenings and Randomness (as is my custom).
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment