Friday, July 2, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Good Friday morning!

The Showcase Pic is now correct. It is a photo of our Special Guest this month, Kim Montgomery, and it goes with Part Two of the interview below!

The Gallery Pics are a couple of hodge-podge photos taken... one from the pool and one of my little sick chick.

I took Roxie to the doctor yesterday expecting them to tell me, "She has a virus. You will have to let it run it's course." Imagine my surprise when they told me it was a bacterial infection, and they could AND WOULD give me medicine! YEA! She was still running temp last night, but it was much lower, so I am hoping today will be a better day.

REMINDER - I have a few Newbies stopping by this weekend. If you haven't been on A Simple Life before, go to Newbie Information under Labels. It will give you all the info you need to figure out this very uncomplicated little blog.

REMINDER - I don't post on Saturdays or Sundays on A Simple Life. However, there will be photos posted on my picture blog, Project 365, each and every day until August 26. It seemed an insurmountable task almost a year ago, but it has been fun, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

AUGUST SPECIAL GUEST - KIM MONTGOMERY - PART TWO - Here's a little more of Kim's interview. She's a pretty interesting girl, isn't she?

10. What is your favorite book of the Bible, and why?

Oh, this is hard. There are so many for different reasons and times of my life. Right now, I guess it is Revelations. The world may be going crazy (and will get worse), but in Revelations we can see that God is in control and always will be... even when things look grim. I look forward to seeing Him in all His glory and spending eternity with Him! Revelations 21 and 22.

11. What is one food you cannot force yourself to eat?

Refried beans. Is that even a food? (And all the Mexican food lovers said, "YES! It is most definitely a food!")

12. Are you a "glass half-full" person or a "glass half-empty" person?

I like to think I'm a "half-full" person. Yeah, we'll just go with that. (She really is!)

13. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Leaving cabinet doors open. Who needs to see my plates, cups, cans and boxes? I mean, really.

14. What is your favorite type of music (country, classical, rap)?

Contemporary Christian with a few 80's classics thrown in.

15. If your life was made into a movie, would it be considered (mainly) a comedy, drama, action/adventure or a romantic chick flick?

Drama mixed with a comedy of errors.

16. What is one surprising thing people do NOT know about you?

I do NOT watch "chick flicks" or read sweet little romance novels. I love a good mystery and suspense movie or novel... usually with a serial killer and a horrific crime to solve. (She's a little blood-thirsty, isn't she? I knew she liked CSI, but I didn't know she was anti-chick flick. Hmmm.)

More of Kim on Monday. I always want to leave you with something to look forward to!

Weekend Happenings

Depending on Roxie's recovery (she's fever-free at this very moment), we have a good bit planned for this holiday weekend.

For one thing, Austin and Josh just left (at 9:00 a.m.) to go to the movies to see The Last Airbender with friends. For better or worse, they have spent an enormous amount of time together this summer... and as their Mom, I love that.

Mikie took off this beautiful Friday, so while Austin is working this evening at the Chick, he and Josh plan on catching quite a few big fish. I hope it works out for them.

He's also planning on catching a few big fish tomorrow morning. I won't say anything, but if you don't see any "fish" pics in the Gallery Monday morning, you'll know those plans went awry!

I have followed in my friend's footsteps, and the Faulkner Five are all cooking a dish or two and taking it to Ronald McDonald House Saturday afternoon around 5:00. I am so excited. Roxie's baking her FAMOUS Toy Story Piggy Bank Cake for any kids who might be eating dinner there. I'm taking barbecue (of course) for sandwiches. Mikie's making his FAMOUS baked beans. Josh is baking a Refreshing Cake. Austin is making crock-pot macaroni and cheese. And there will be chips and buns, etc., etc. (I'm also taking wild rice and chicken soup with cornbread for those who might not feel like barbecue tomorrow night.)

It will be a new life experience for the Faulkner Five, and although it may seem small to you, I love new experiences (big or small). Thanks for the idea, Tonya.

Tonya is full of good ideas. Here is a little something from her Facebook page. "Anybody interested in walking/running a 5K or a 1 mile fun run? The Pink Ribbon Run is coming up July 23 (Friday evening) to benefit Susan G. Komen 3 Days for the Cure. The sign-up deadline is July 8. The cost is $15 for the one-mile fun run and $20 for the 5K. The price includes a t-shirt and a bottle of water."

Roxie is getting a team together for this event, and guess what? Since I've been an official walker for almost 12 years now, I'm going to do it! Right now, three of the Faulkner Five are participating. Can you stand it? That's TWO new life experiences in just ONE summer!

(And that's not even counting the fact I might see manatees in the wild, a feral horse, sea turtles hatching AND/OR Tom Selleck when we go on our vacation!)

It's like Forrest Gump says, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

But I digress! If you're interested in the Pink Ribbon Run on July 23, Tonya needs to know by this coming Thursday, July 8. I can put you in touch with her for more information. Just send me an e-mail, leave a comment in the Comment Section OR go to my Facebook.

The 4th of July is the family holiday I host in my home. There will be 12 of us in attendance this year. We'll be eating the usual... grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, homemade ice cream, etc. Barring a freakish late afternoon thunderstorm, we'll head to the pool for a couple of hours after lunch to cool off. We're planning another Bunco game for the 4th of July evening. (Actually, I'm planning on WINNING the Bunco game, but I haven't figured out how to cheat while playing Bunco yet.)

And that's our weekend... right now!

I'd love to hear about all of your traditions and 4th of July fun if you get a chance. Have a great weekend with family and friends. Be safe. I'll start off next week with more, more, more party ideas, recipes, traditions, dates and the last of Kim's interview. She's a chick worth knowing, I tell you.

Take care, and I'll talk to you Monday.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!