Good Wednesday morning!
There are more beach pics in the Gallery. I was stuck in "bird" mode for awhile. Oh, and volleyball. Today I feel I am in a "portrait" state of mind.
This is indeed the shortest post I've ever had on A Simple Life. However, it will not stay that way. Roxie and I are on our way to the beach for an hour or so. Mikie had meetings today, so we're on our own. We're meeting the guys at the pool for lunch, and then we're back at the beach late this afternoon.
This is SO different from our usual schedule of beach/pool/pool/out-to-eat. I am such a free spirit!
However, I will be posting throughout the day. SO the headings you see below will be "filled in" by midnight tonight. Thus, I will NOT be off my usual blog schedule for long.
HINTS FOR AUGUST SPECIAL GUEST
- Our Special Guest for the month of August will be making her appearance Monday, August 2. As is my practice on A Simple Life, here are a few hints to keep you guessing until then!
1. I have a very hot job.
2. I'm a spitting image of someone in my family.
3. I am VERY family-oriented.
A few more clues tomorrow. Any guesses, folks?
Wednesday Wisdom
- Think, think, think. What should Wednesday Wisdom be about today?
The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. Isak Dinesen
To love, and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. Anonymous
You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.
Sponges grow in the ocean. That just "gets" me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen? Stephen Wright
Beach Tradition
This is a no-brainer, and most people I know actually do this year after year after year. But just in case...
If you go to the beach once, twice or even three times a year, try to find a "special" restaurant everyone in your family enjoys. Once the restaurant has been chosen, plan on going at least once each and every time you visit the beach. A special place to eat at the beach (or the mountains) will give you something to look forward to for years and years to come!
NOTE - At Sandestin, we've been to Acme Oyster House the last two years. I think this may be our "special" restaurant of choice in this particular town!
Have a lovely Wednesday. In the words of California's famous governor, "I'll be back."
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment