Good Monday morning!
The Showcase Pic will not change today. We have one more day to spend with our Special Guest, LeAnna, and her picture will remain until her time on A Simple Life is finished (Code for TODAY'S THE LAST DAY).
The Gallery Pics are of the Faulkner Five in all our Easter glory. (Don't hate us because we're beautiful!) I'll be showing the Survivor - Easter Island pics beginning tomorrow through Thursday.
SPECIAL GUEST - LEANNA BROWN - PART THREE
It's almost time to say good-bye to LeAnna. There are only a few more questions and answers left. Heavy sigh.
18. What is your favorite type of music (country, classical, rap)?
My favorite music is pop/rock... especially 80's oldies. (Is it just me, or do the words "80s" and "oldies" sound funny together?)
19. What instantly brings a smile to your face?
Watching videos of my children when they were little and just learning to walk and talk. (Oh, I love those videos, too. But as every parent of a teenager will probably admit, teaching them to walk and talk was a HUGE mistake.)
20. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I am definitely a night owl. However, I must be able to sleep late the next morning! I have never have been a morning person.
21. What is your current obsession?
Reading and Facebook! (I'm almost 100 percent sure she meant to add, "And reading the wonderful blog, A Simple Life. I'm sure she won't mind if I add that little bit of info since we know each other SO well.)
22. If money and family and friends were not an issue, where would you most like to live in the world?
I would live on a beach somewhere. (I've noticed this is a pretty universal answer. Isn't there anyone out there who wants to live in a cabin in the mountains with a fireplace, a view, deer in the front yard, bears in the back... Anyone?)
Other than the beach thing... and the 80's oldies thing... and the Electrical Engineering thing... LeAnna and I could be sisters. But we're not. However, I'm very glad we're friends. Thanks again, LeAnna. It was a pleasure getting to know you a little better!
Weekend Review
It was a great Easter weekend, wasn't it? The weather was very cooperative in the South. No outside Easter plans had to be cancelled or revamped. Just the way I like it!
The Faulkner Five spent Saturday with Mikie's parents (Code for MY GREAT-NEPHEW, MATTHEW), and we hid eggs and blew bubbles and just wore his little two year-old body out! We visited and celebrated not only Easter, but Mrs. Faulkner's birthday as well. It was a very nice, unhurried visit.
On Sunday, we decided to attend the 9:30 a.m. service at our church. The MOST crowded service of all. Shockingly, we arrived early enough to get in line in the hallway. Within moments of the doors opening and the 8:00 a.m. people spilling out we should have been shuffling in to claim our seats. Uh-oh! Wait a minute! Unfortunately, we had inadvertently gotten in line behind "Passive Easter Service Attenders." Big, big mistake!
They smiled and let a HUGE line of people coming from the other direction cut in front of our line. Had they NEVER been in a carpool line? Did they NOT KNOW line etiquette? Were they trying to get into Heaven by letting HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE in line of ahead of us? These were all the very non-Christian-like questions running through my head.
Keep in mind, if these people were "Passive Easter Service Attenders," the Faulkner Five (Code for ROXIE LEE) will now be forever known as "Aggressive Easter Service Attenders." And while non-Christian-like questions were running THROUGH my head, Roxie was loudly verbalizing her non-Christian-like responses. "What is WRONG with them?" "They need to PUSH?" "Come on, everyone. PUSH!" "Ughhh! It's like they've never been to church before!"
It was kind of like Road Rage... except inside the church... on Easter Sunday morning... talking about very kind, giving people. I'm just glad we decided not to add a taser or pepper spray to her Easter Basket. Things could have gotten ugly.
Even with our slow start, we were able to all sit together in the balcony (in a pew). It was an absolutely wonderful Easter service.
After the service, we hurried home to take pictures, change clothes, finish food prep and head to my Mom's house for Easter lunch and Survivor - Easter Island.
And then I received a phone call. It was from my sister, Bev. Zac, my nephew, had thrown-up, and had stayed home with Tommy during church.
Was he really sick... or had he eaten too much sugar before taking his cold medicine? Would he be able to come to Survivor - Easter Island... or would we need to postpone? Would all my plans and dreams come crashing down around me... or would I be able to go with the flow?
Tune in tomorrow for the exciting conclusion of SURVIVOR - EASTER ISLAND! (Disclaimer - I don't want you to get too excited. We had fun, and I have a story or two to tell, but it was really just a fun activity which needs a little tweaking here and there. I didn't want you to be disappointed tomorrow!)
BMX Party
One of the easiest (and most fun) parties you can ever have is a BMX Party at Oak Mountain State Park. Using the track is FREE and it can be used by the public during the week. If you want to take a group of boys on the weekend, you will need to call to make sure the track is not hosting any races or events. The number is 620-2520 or 680-5827.
NOTE - The track is FREE, but you will have to pay the regular price to come into the State Park. When you call 620-2520, they will be able to give you the prices per person.
For Josh's party, we took a group of boys on a beautiful fall Sunday afternoon. The track can get a little crowded at times, but people come and go, and for the most part it was not bad at all.
Things you need to know:
1. You'll need a truck to carry bikes, helmets, knee and elbow pads. (You REALLY need knee and elbow pads. You will not be allowed on the track without a helmet.)
2. We went after lunch, so we took a large cooler full of drinks and plenty of snacks for the boys.
3. There is plenty of shade, so adults can bring their camp chairs and see the entire track from the sidelines.
4. There is a pavilion available to rent for parties, but since you already have the truck, loading a couple of card tables to set out food and drinks works just as well and is much less expensive.
5. Unless something has changed, there are restrooms located nearby. It is a block building and there is a "Girl" side and a "Boy" side. But beware! Even though these are not portable potties, they are still a little primitive, and it would not hurt to throw a roll or two of toilet paper in the back of the truck.
6. This course is very good, and the kids can start in the middle on the smaller hills and work their way up to the big hills.
7. Because of the nature of BMX (there are going to be some bike wrecks), I would invite the parents of the other kids. If some of the children have never ridden on a BMX course before, I would make sure the parents check out the website to look at pictures of the course.
8. This party (in my opinion) is best suited for pre-teens and young teens (10 to 15 year-olds).
9. Last, but not least, pack beach towels to cover the truck and van seats for the ride home. (We even keep a box in the back of the truck for the boys to put their shoes.) You haven't seen dirty boys, dirty clothes and dirty shoes until you've seen boys coming off a BMX track. (If at all possible, let the Dad drive the vehicle containing the boys. Believe me, smell-wise you'll be much happier in the truck with the bikes by yourself listening to the soothing sounds of Barry Manilow on the way home!)
Have a great Monday. Tomorrow's recipe is easy enough for your kids to prepare. (And that's what we really want, isn't it? For our kids to prepare AND CLEAN UP dinner all by themselves. It's a nice dream.) I'll have the conclusion of Survivor - Easter Island and maybe a little Randomness here and there.
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
5 comments:
Roxie wasn't beside the purple tree, she was up in the purple tree. Even though she's 13, in a dress and zebra shoes and 13 (I know I said 13 twice; I might need to say it again before I'm through), she still climbed up in the tree for the picture.
It was a great weekend!
Just another example of how far the Faulkner women will go to get a good picture angle. (While I have to be shot by a PHOTOGRAPHER sitting in a tree looking down on me, Roxie's young enough to be photographed from the ground while she's the SUBJECT in the tree.)
It's very important to know your best picture angle!
My best picture angle is BEHIND the camera.
BTW, if you ever have Allen as your special guest, I can just about guarantee that he would answer the where would you live question with "in the mountains, in a cabin, with a fireplace and with deer and turkey outside my window." I can definitely guarantee that he would NOT say at the beach. Looks like we will be spending our retirement years in a long distance relationship. sigh
RO
Your fam looked beautiful for Easter.
Well, when you come visit Allen, you can stop by and see me, too. We'll eat some vittles!
I saw Allen Easter morning (and he looked very Easter"y"), but I didn't get to see the rest of your guys. Post some pics if you have them.
Talk to you later.
Yeah, right, like my guys allowed pictures to be taken. Not!
We were very low key this Easter. Probably had something to do with it being the anniversary of the exact weekend my dad died. He passed on Good Friday, April 6th that year. Kinda weird when that day falls so close to Easter again.
Wow, just bummed everybody out, huh? sorry. But on the bright side--he is really better off than the rest of us. That wasn't any better was it? Sorry , I'll stop now.
RO
Post a Comment