Monday, March 8, 2010

Lucky Lime Drink, Irish Mint Floats, Peppermint Candy Shake AND MORE

Good Tuesday morning!

The Gallery Pics are from a Laser Tag Party Roxie attended Saturday evening. When I arrived to pick her up, the hostess mom asked me and a couple of other pick-up moms if we wanted to play the last game of Laser Tag. Excuse me! An opportunity to safely shoot Roxie and friends? I think so! (I love Laser Tag. And I need to take this opportunity to apologize to Hannah for stalking and shooting her every time her vest re-activated. That's how I play. I'm a stalker. Love you, Hannah!)

RANDOMNESS #1 - Last night we had a Mystery Bag Party reunion for the Cheetah Girls (the second set of Mystery Bag Party Girls) at Costa's Mediterranean Restaurant in Trussville. I think I was the only one who had never been there before. It was excellent, and everyone was in attendance except Tonya. We missed you, Tonya!

Keep in mind, I'll be having another Mystery Bag Party Contest in May celebrating my 400th post. It will be here before you know it, and six new names will be drawn for a new and exciting Mystery Bag Party!

And just so you know, we don't just eat all the time. We do other things, too. Why, just the other day the first Mystery Bag Party Girls (the Soul Sistas) and I went bungee jumping. Yeah. That's the ticket! Okay. So all we've done thus far is eat. We're going to branch out. I promise.

RANDOMNESS #2 - Guess what showed up in my mailbox yesterday? I received (for some unknown reason) a mini-magazine from Real Simple. It is called Solutions... Getting Organized. I thought I would share some of the organization tips with you this week. (I think some of them are useful, and some of them are a little funny to me.)

The following section is called "Extraordinary Uses For Ordinary Things."

1. Wine Bottle Cork - Poke stud earrings into a cork and toss it in your travel bag.

2. Ice-Cube Trays - Freeze left-over broth and sauces for cooking. Then store the cubes in freezer bags until you are ready to use them.

3. Uncooked Spaghetti - Mark your page in a cookbook with a single slender stick. (This isn't a bad idea, but I thought it was funny. Remember... use "uncooked" spaghetti!)

4. Colander - Invert the colander and use it as a bug tent over burgers and buns during a cookout.

5. Antacid Tablets - Toss two dissolving antacid tablets in your toilet, such as Alka-Seltzer. Wait 20 minutes, then brush. (For fun, do this right before you see one of your kids heading for the bathroom. Add green food coloring. When they ask what's going on, get everyone to evacuate the house saying "The toilet is going to blow!" See! Practical and amusing.)

I'm here all week, folks!

RANDOMNESS #3 - The general consensus from the multitude of readers of A Simple Life seems to be for me to share what REALLY happens during a weekend with the Faulkner Five. I'm considering doing so. I really am. It will be difficult. If you've known me for five minutes, you know I'm very big into FALSE appearances. I'm taking your suggestions under advisement. I'll let you know.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Since we'll be going camping in the near future, I am re-posting a couple of camping stories beginning tomorrow... just to get in the mood!

As promised, I have SEVERAL recipes to finish your menu for your St. Patrick's Day festivities. They all look pretty good... and easy!

Lucky Lime Drinks

Put one or two small scoops of lime sherbet in a clear glass. Pour Sprite or 7-Up over the sherbet. Add a dollop of whipped cream, green sugar sprinkles and a green maraschino cherry!

Irish Mint Floats

Drop two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream into a clear glass. Pour milk over the top and add a drop or two of green food coloring. Top with whipped cream and green sugar sprinkles.

Peppermint Candy Shake

You will need:

2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Peppermint Pattie bars or Junior Mints cut into pieces
Blender

1. Place candy pieces into the freezer for 15 minutes.

2. Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds. Stir with a spoon and blend for 30 more seconds. Repeat until desired consistency is reached.

3. For a thicker shake, place blended milkshake into freezer for a few minutes.

4. Top with whipped cream and more mint candy pieces on top.

5. OF COURSE, to serve this shake on St. Patrick's Day add the green food coloring!

Robin's St. Patrick's Day Cake

Mix a lemon cake mix according to recipe, and add in a small package of pistachio pudding. Bake in a Bundt pan. It will be green when you cut it, and it tastes delicious, too.

Have a terrific Tuesday. Come back tomorrow for another St. Patrick's Day Seasonal Tradition... the last one before the actual holiday. I'll have Wednesday Wisdom, more organization tips from my handy-dandy mini-magazine sent anonymously through the mail, "old" camping stories and so much more! Do you want to miss all of the above? Do you? I didn't think so.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

15 comments:

momofboys said...

I enjoyed last night! It's sooooo nice to have adult girl conversations some time! All of my "new friends" are the best and I loved getting to see them again. Thanks Belinda, for being so good to us all! I love you.

Belinda said...

It was fun, and I'm always happy when I get to spend time with you. Have a great day, and I'll talk to you soon.

Love you, too!

Anonymous said...

Dear Belinda,

I did not have fun last night because my name has yet to be drawn. I can assure you though that I am handling it very well thanks to therapy.

Joan

Joan said...

Belinda, I have a g-mail account so when I send you a comment it will always say Joan said... Not Anonymous said....

Cam

Belinda said...

Joan... I just have a feeling about the May contest. You are going to win. I just know you are going to WIN! If you don't, at least you've found a good therapist.

Cam... Could you make my life any more complicated? I have no idea why your g-mail account would cause your comments to say "Joan said." I have no idea what a g-mail account is. Cam, is that really you... or is it Robin?

Anonymous said...

It's Robin

Anonymous said...

Well, Joan, my name is next! I have been reading all of this with such jealousy! Could you give me the name of your therapist? I must see them. Remember, Belinda, you spell my name like this: D A W N

Joan said...

Ok let's get this straight. The first comment that was signed Joan was Cam trying to get me in trouble with my best friend Belinda. I, Joan, sign on and it says Joan says... I jokingly signed Cam's name just to get back at her. Belinda I am not in therapy....yet! Oh and Cam and I want our name on the same piece of paper so we both go or neither goes. Its only fair!

Mike F said...

Pick-up moms? Hmmm. . .

I would LOVE to see the Mom's Charlie's Angels picture!

If you could keep up with all your corks you could store plenty of earrings.

What do the antacid tablets do? Relieve the toilet's heartburn? Could you throw some Pepto Bismol tablets in and help when the toilet's got diarrhea?

You know who.

Belinda said...

Joan... I appreciate the fact you tried to FIX Cam's obvious attempt to drive me crazy. You are indeed a good friend.

I think it is brilliant for the two of you to enter the contest at the same time. When the time comes, I expect to have an entry in the Comment Section signed JoanCam or CamJoan.

Thank you for trying to clean up Cam's mess.

Mikie... We didn't take a picture of the moms doing the Charlie's Angels pose. We just "showed" the girls what to do.

The cork remark was very funny... but misleading.

I'm really not sure about the Alka Seltzer in the toilet, but I bought a box at Walgreen's today, and all of our toilets are fizzing as we speak.

Shouldn't you be working?

Love ya.

P.S. Mikie, the "pick-up moms" comment was hilarious. I am LOL, and as I've stated before, I never LOL. You're good... very good. You are the king of "blog banter."

Mike F said...

Save some alka seltzers. We'll feed them to the birds.

roakley said...

How was I drawn into this? I was at work during the posting time and I cannot get on this site at work. DO YOU HEAR ME JEFCOED????? I CANNOT get on this site at work.

PS: I am not entering the contest when it comes around. I am a very bitter loser. Sorry, that's just may personality, I don't care what Bro. Kevin says.

RO

Belinda said...

Too bad. Your name is entered by default... and there's nothing you can do about it!

And your good name has also been cleared from any and all comments left today... except the one above which was left at 4:28 p.m. Your job is safe. All "Comment Mischief" came directly from Cam... not Joan... not Robin.

There. You've been cleared.

Anonymous said...

Belinda, I really think it would be a BAD idea to put all those who have not been drawn yet in the bucket together.. lol If they all get drawn the therapist may tell them to hurt you.. lol However, we could let them join our Cheetah group ONLY if they wear their Cheetah print undies... just joking have a good one and I truly hope you draw those 3 names next time. I THINK it is their time.. just a feeling I have! ;-)

pf

Anonymous said...

Belinda, You should start receiving the subscription too, that was just the "freebie". Just a little Thank You for all your inspiration.

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!