Good Friday morning!
The Gallery Pics include yet another Hillbilly Sign, one mountain picture to hold you until Monday (when I will conclude my Top Twenty favorite mountain pictures with my visit with Austin to the Hollywood Wax Museum... in Gatlinburg) and a picture of Mikie and me 22 years ago on our wedding day.
That's right. We'll be taking a little anniversary trip this weekend to Mentone to celebrate 22 years of wedded bliss.
Because of our little getaway, there will be NO picture of the day posted on Project 365 today or tomorrow. I'll post all three pictures (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) Sunday evening after we return. Other than that little interruption, A Simple Life will continue on schedule. I'll be back, bright and early, Monday morning! I know you are relieved.
SEMI-FUNNY WRESTLING STORY
When Austin was about four or five and Josh was around one or two, we went to Wal-Mart. (Roxie hadn't arrived on the scene yet.) Josh was sitting in the buggy seat, and Austin was walking beside me as I pushed and steered the buggy.
I spotted another mother and a little boy about the same age as Austin coming toward us. I didn't think anything about it and continued to shop. As we were passing the boy and his mother, I sensed movement and I turned in time to see Austin and the other little boy rolling all over each other on the floor.
They didn't appear to be upset or angry or hurt. The other mother and I bent down and started trying to untangle the guys. I kept my hand on Josh's foot in the buggy, because he was trying his best to come out of the buggy seat to join his brother on the floor, so I was a little more hindered than the other woman who had both hands working to separate the kids.
By the time we had retrieved our respective sons, I was literally sitting on the floor of Wal-Mart with my legs and one arm around Austin and one hand still holding Josh's foot to keep him in his seat. Being the mother of two small boys, I'll be honest and say I didn't look that great to begin with, but now with my hair all over the place, missing one shoe and flop sweat beginning to show through my blouse, let's just say I had seen better days!
Breathlessly, I asked the other mother, "Do I know you?"
"I've never seen you in my life!" she answered.
"Austin, do you know this boy?" I asked, trying to somehow make sense of what had just happened.
"No, ma'am," he answered, grinning.
And then the other little boy answered the question we were trying so hard to figure out. "We just felt like wrestling!"
And that in a nutshell is how the male brain works. They just "feel like eating everything in the house." They just "feel like watching four football games back to back." They just "feel like wrestling." As a mother of boys, once you figure out the basic workings of the male mind, you'll sleep better at night... because you're not always wondering what's wrong with your kid, you see.
For new boy moms everywhere, I hope this helps!
Weekend Happenings
Another short and sweet review of what we HOPE will be going on this weekend. Mikie and I HOPE to leave for our weekend anniversary trip to Mentone today. I'll tell you all about that next week. It may or may not involve horseback riding, white water rafting, spelunking, repelling and or mining for gold. You just never know.
The kids will be playing basketball, practicing basketball, attending birthday parties, shooting family and friends with air soft rifles, going on dates, attending church, etc., etc. I'm hoping I don't have to add "going bottom-first through walls" to that list.
Have a lovely January weekend. Make great memories. Try a new tradition. As a family plan on eating together, playing together, praying together and worshipping together some time in the next two days.
Check back next week for LOTS of new ideas, pictures and much, much more.
Take care, and I'll talk to you on Monday.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Have a great time on your trip!
Dawn
Thanks, Dawn. I'll talk to you when we get back!
Happy Anniversary!
So true...about how the minds of boys work! I love the wrestling stories - it sounds like my house most everyday!
I know! And you're one woman in a sea of men. Not an easy place to be sometimes, is it?
I'm going to try to get your letter out before I leave, but if I don't, I'll stick it in your mailbox sometime Sunday evening.
Happy Anniversary!!! Hope your trip was relaxing, romantic and fun!!
Love the boys stories -- I have nothing else to say about that!
Missed all last week's blog and fb. Very busy and two computers down. Let me know if I missed anything crucial..
Talk to you soon.
I hope your computers are up and running again. And no. Nothing earth shattering happened last week, so you should be fine.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a great time.
Talk to you later.
Post a Comment