Thursday, December 24, 2009

Breakfast/Manicure Date

Good Thursday morning!

This will quite possibly be my shortest post EVER. I know most people will be too busy today and tomorrow to read blogs, but I'll be here just the same.

The Gallery Pic is of my MamMa's dining room table. It is filled with Christmas cards. (She has 49 as of yesterday.) Not quite as many as me, but she doesn't go around soliciting holiday greetings either... unlike her eldest granddaughter.

CHRISTMAS CARD COUNT - You are not going to believe this. I couldn't believe it myself. As of yesterday, December 23, I have 74 Christmas cards. Only ONE card away from my goal of 75. It is 8:27 a.m. and I've already checked twice to see if the mail lady has come by... four hours early. Surely there will be one Christmas card in my mailbox today. Don't you think? I still haven't my received my annual greetings from my Virginia, California and Georgia friends (although I have called).

It's going to be a long morning. I will post my final Christmas Card Count tomorrow, Christmas Day, 2010. Wish me luck!

Blog Linkage - I have only one for you to read today, but it is an important post. Once again, I will refer you to Nitty.Gritty. under My Blog List, and ask that you read Jody's post dated December 19. It is entitled "When the Holidays Hurt."

If you and your family are having a Merry Christmas this year, I am genuinely thrilled for you. I want you to enjoy every precious moment. I truly want you to be happy and have the best time of your life with your loved ones.

But if you are hurting this year, for whatever reason, and this "happiest season of all" is only making the hurt more unbearable, I want to offer you my deepest sympathy and prayers.

And I want you to read Jody's post.

Breakfast/Manicure Date

I think this appeared somewhere in last December's posts as a Seasonal Tradition, but today, it is a reminder and a date.

If you are blessed to have a daughter, niece or other female member of your family nearby, take them to breakfast and then for a Christmas Eve manicure! Yes, there is much to do on Christmas Eve... cooking, cleaning, wrapping, (hopefully not shopping), visiting, Church services, etc., etc. AND having breakfast and getting a Christmas manicure with your daughter.

It's fun, festive and something you can do with your daughter when you're 60 and she's 25. (Oh, my! I'll be 60 when Roxie is 25. More unbelievable numbers!) And you can also add the granddaughters as time marches on.

Have a very productive Christmas Eve. Tomorrow, I'll be back with a list of my favorite Christmas books EVER, and a short and sweet Weekend Happenings post. I'll also reveal my final Christmas Card Count number. You know you want to know!

Reach out to someone hurting today. If you call and they are not at home, leave a message. I've received much needed kindness and encouragement from listening to a message on my answering machine. You never, ever know.

Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

3 comments:

momofboys said...

Belinda,
Could you print this email out and count it as number 75?
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
I would truly be honored to be your 75th! I hope the Faulkner 5 have the best Christmas EVER!
BTW, Aubie is coming home today! It's a Christmas miracle....Yorkie vs. Pitbull....lived to tell about it! Please continue to pray for my Dad...he's got a long road ahead of him with that shoulder!
Love ya!

roakley said...

Don't wait for the mail lady. Check your email now.
RO

Belinda said...

That's wonderful news about Aubie, LeAnna. I'll continue to pray for your Dad. Please have a SAFE, wonderful Christmas!

Robin, I left you a message on Facebook. LOVED IT! I am a "happy camper."

Merry, merry Christmas!

Friday...

Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.

The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!

And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!

Saturday...

Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...

That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)

Sunday...

Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)

What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!

Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!