Good Wednesday morning!
The Gallery Pic is of Sparkle and Roxie... and in honor of all the dog lovers out there, Wednesday Wisdom is going to the dogs (so to speak).
Are you ready for some football? Last night was the second football game I will be attending this week. The middle school played Tuesday night, and Roxie got to play with the band in the stands, so I watched her a little more than the game.
But wait! There's more! Mikie and I are going to a high school game Friday night AND JSU's homecoming game Saturday! That's four, count 'em FOUR, football games in one week.
It is now official. There is such an illness as "bleacher bottom," and I have a bad case! Look it up! It's in all the medical journals. The interesting medical journals anyway.
I have to add an activity to the Happy Fall, Y'all Party. I'm going to post it here, as well as in Monday's post with the rest of the party activities.
Searching For a Penny in a Haystack - Make two piles of loose hay (fairly large piles). Drop 10 to 20 pennies in each pile in different spots. Give each team a time limit (1 to 2 minutes) to go through their pile of hay and find as many pennies as possible. The team with the most pennies is the winner.
Wednesday Wisdom - Today, I have not one, but several wise and witty sayings pertaining to Man's Best Friend... the dog.
"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." Anonymous.
"Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." Franklin P. Jones
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man." Mark Twain
Mum Deliveries
Last year around this time, I talked about making Pumpkin Mum Pots. (You can check under Seasonal Traditions on the sidebar and go back to October, 2008.) This year, I'm going to simplify a little. I am going to challenge you to buy a nice pumpkin or a beautiful pot of mums to take to an elderly neighbor or relative this week. They are not very expensive. (A pretty pot of mums is $3 at Food Depot in Gardendale.) Take the gift (with your child or children) to the neighbor. (Always let your children see you doing a good deed. They learn so much better by "seeing" than by being told.)
If you want to make some muffins and take the neighbor one or two for their breakfast the next morning along with the pumpkin or mums, that would make it even better.
There's nothing better than receiving an unexpected gift on a pretty fall Wednesday or Thursday... except for giving one.
Have a glorious Wednesday. Go outside and enjoy the coolness... before the rain comes back this weekend. Hurry. Go now! I've said it before, but it I'll say it once more... "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today... today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." (And yes, I first heard those wise words while watching the movie Kung Fu Panda. Classic.) Make today count. It's the only October 21, 2009 we'll ever have.
Thursday is the first day we'll be looking at Blog Linkage, and, of course, the one-time-only date between a parent and child. You don't want to miss that!
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
2 comments:
I know where you can get a little pumpkin for freeeeee. Can you say Chick fil a? Pumpkin -- $0, Doing a Good deed for a neighbor for $0 -- priceless, really, no price. bahahahaha.
You're gonna get me for this one, aren't you?
RO
P.S. Remember that I am with Kinders ALL day, so my mental state is fragile.
I'm checking on the pumpkin tomorrow... and it better be there!
Post a Comment