Good Tuesday morning!
CORRECTION! CORRECTION! - I apologize, but on last week's Date for the Southern Women's Show I incorrectly stated it was being held this past weekend. No. No. No. It is being held September 24 through 27. In my head I was thinking I couldn't go because Roxie had a volleyball tournament the week of the Southern Women's Show (which she does). But she also had a volleyball tournament this past weekend. Thus, the error.
So, if you think you missed out on a great date with your chick, you haven't missed anything at all! It's coming up! Remember, September 24 through 27. Sorry for the mistake.
I've come to a somewhat sad conclusion about my life. After 20 days of working on Belinda's Project 365, it is clear to me that my life could use a little zip... a little pizazz... a little adventure. So far, 20 days into my 48th year, I've taken volleyball pictures, football pictures, band pictures, family pictures, dog pictures... and then I got really stumped and took pictures of various body parts. If that wasn't bad enough, I started taking pictures of household gadgets. I'm well aware of the saying, "Life just happens," but does it have to happen in such a mundane way?
Where's the excitement? Where's the old Belinda who used to hop out of bed, put on a harness and bungee jump off the nearest railroad trestle? Where's the old Belinda who, on a dare, would cliff dive at the local rock quarry? Where's the old Belinda who one day dreamed of swimming the English Channel... butterfly stroke? Where is the old Belinda who came in second in the Boston Marathon behind the five-pound guy from Kenya a few years back? Where is the old Belinda who ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain before she had kids... and didn't get gorged? I miss her. (Actually, I've never even met her!)
Ahhh! I wish everyone reading the blog today was a Newbie. They would be mighty impressed, wouldn't they? The old Belinda never did any of those things. Truth be told, the old Belinda NEVER WANTED to do any of those things either. But since we're on the subject, I would like to spice up Project 365 just a bit.
I never did any of those other things, but I'm quite adept at white water rafting. (I only fell out of the boat three out of the five times I've gone down the river). I have a pretty impressive roller coaster resume'. I've had three big babies... the second without any epidural to speak of (9'12"). (That last one was an accident... lack of epidural, not Josh. But that's another story for another day. A day in October, as a matter of fact.)
But this is the year. Yes, this is the year to shine and knock some things off my list. I am going zip lining. If not in the dense rain forests of Brazil, somewhere else pretty cool. I am going to have a dolphin experience. If not in a controlled contained dolphin pool with a certified instructor, then out in the ocean (even if I have to jump on it from a boat). I am going to parasail (strapped to a guy who knows what he is doing). I am going to write a great children's book, comparable only to Charlotte's Web and The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I am going to finish reading my Bible through... twice... NO. Three times!
Or I'm going to find some pictures of the back of someone's head who looks a little like me doing all of those things and sporadically put them on Project 365. Yeah. That's the ticket.
And today's verse to go along with my discontent is from Philippians. You remember Paul, don't you? Paul lived a very adventurous life.
"For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the SECRET of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13.
That's my motto for today. And you know me... If I wasn't so busy with my super-thrilling life, I'd go out right now and have that tattooed somewhere. But, I'm a little behind on laundry (again), and I need to run to Wal-Mart for a few things. Maybe tomorrow. Yeah. Definitely. A tattoo tomorrow. Now that would be exciting!
Sausage and Cheese Crescent Rolls
Karen Daugherty, one of the other volleyball moms, made these for the girls Saturday, and she said I could share this super-easy recipe with you today. You will need:
2 packages of crescent rolls
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 pound of sausage
1. Brown and drain sausage.
2. Mix sausage and softened cream cheese together thoroughly.
3. On a crescent roll, spoon the sausage/cream cheese mixture in the middle. Roll the crescent roll like you normally would. Repeat.
4. Bake the crescent rolls according to package directions.
These are WONDERFUL! They taste like giant sausage balls. Everyone loved them. Quick! RUN, do not walk, to the grocery store and buy the crescent rolls today. There will probably be a shortage of rolls after everyone reads this recipe.
Have a terrific Tuesday. I hope you have a day filled with contentment in whatever circumstance you may find yourself. Tomorrow I have a Seasonal Tradition from another of my favorite books and a little Wednesday Wisdom from a young friend of mine. (She's famous because it's actually printed on a t-shirt.)
Take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
The Enchanting Belinda
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
No comments:
Post a Comment