Good Friday morning!
I know you are just dying to know how many Christmas cards I have received. I know you have nothing more exciting going on in your life, and this has become your one true obsession. Well, wait no longer! I have (DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!) 37. I hope you weren't expecting 73. (I know I was.) But 37 is a nice number. Much more substantial than 20 and working it's way to 50. I remember when I was 37 myself. It's not a bad number at all. I am pleased with our progress thus far.
I've added the pictures of the band members who were nominated for Mr. GHS (and our friend, Taylor) to the Photo Gallery. They clean up nicely, don't they?
For any new readers out there (and there are a few), I was going to go over the way A Simple Life works. The following is the "schedule" for the blog:
Monday - Parties/Events
Tuesday - Recipes (copied, not created)
Wednesday - Seasonal Traditions
Thursday - Date (spouse or child)
Friday - Book of the Week
Saturday and Sunday - No new posts
Next week will be different because of the holidays, and there will be new posts Monday through Thursday. Thursday I will have a date and a book listed. I will not blog Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but new posts will begin again on Monday, December 29.
The Showcase Pic is different every week beginning on Mondays. The pictures you see in the gallery above the posts are for the current week. When the Showcase Pic changes on Monday, the pictures above the posts go to the bottom of the page, and current pictures take their place at the top.
That, in a nutshell, is how A Simple Life Blog works. And knowing me, it will never change. I don't like change. However, if there is a way to improve the blog, (and you communicate the way to improve the blog to me very nicely) I will try my best to accommodate. I didn't say I couldn't change... just that I don't like it very much.
Friday posts are usually a round-up of the week, along with plans we have for the weekend. Monday begins all over again with family stories, amusing anecdotes and humorous musings... at least what I think are amusing and humorous.
Since this is a Friday post, I'll just let you know that this is our Family Christmas Weekend. We'll be in Oneonta Friday night for the Bradley Christmas party (my Mom's side of the family). We'll be in Oxford Saturday for the Faulkner Christmas party (my husband's side of the family). And Miss Savanna will be coming over Sunday after church to make Christmas ornaments with Miss Roxie.
I think the plan for late Sunday night is SURVIVOR. That's right. We haven't seen the last three hour show. And, amazing as it may seem, we don't know who the winner is as of this moment. How could that be? How could we possibly not know who the winner is? Could it be that absolutely no one watches Survivor anymore except for the Faulkner Five? Could it be that absolutely no one cares who outwitted, outplayed and outlasted all the other mean contestants? I don't know the answer to these (and many other) questions, but of one thing I am sure... Sunday night we will know who the sole survivor is for Gabon, The Final Eden. (And just to make it Christmasy, we're going to sing Christmas carols during the commercials... and much like the Amazing Race finale, we will be wearing our Santa hats!)
We'll also begin reading aloud The Best Christmas Pageant Ever a couple of chapters a night until Christmas Eve. Love that book!
Book
The book for today is truly one of my favorite Christmas books of all times. The Small One by Alex Walsh. It is the story of a little boy who has to sell his donkey, Small One, and how he finally finds the right person to become his new owner. Little does he know that the kind man who buys Small One is Joseph himself, and his little donkey will be carrying Mary, the mother of Baby Jesus, into Bethlehem that Christmas night long, long ago. It is such a sweet, simple story and our kids loved it for years and years and years.
Next week I'll be sharing one more Christmas party for the kiddos, an easy crockpot meal, another transition tradition to try the day AFTER Christmas, a fun wintertime date and a book to read aloud as a family during the school break.
I hope this last weekend before Christmas is a wonderful one for you and your family. Travel safely, enjoy your family and friends, and I'll talk to you again on Monday.
If you are new to A Simple Life, here's a little tip. There will ALWAYS be many, many pics at the end of each post. New pictures are added every day (Monday through Friday). If you want to get to the "picture" part of the blog, you have to keep scrolling down, down, down... but you will eventually find it! Thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday...
Finally, some new basketball action shots.
The JV team had two 40-minute games Friday, so I thought I would just go ahead and start filming now!
And here's the obligatory Bryant Tuggle pic. He's a HUGE supporter of our baskeball team. Always has been... always will be. Well, until he gets his own driver's license!
Saturday...
We spent the day with the cousins Saturday. Monica, Amy, Roxie and I shopped at Brookwood, ate at Yolo's and went to the movies (Pirates 4). It was a great day, but the best part was our celebrity sighting...
That's right! Will Ferrell! (Please feel free to use your imagination. I know we did!)
Sunday...
Mikie's 50th Family Birthday Celebration! Everyone knows 50 year-old men LOVE the Green Lantern...and their wives really like Ryan Reynolds! (How cool would it be to have your picture on a birthday party plate package? Another goal, perhaps?)
What do you give a 50 year-old guys for his birthday? Cards... filled with money, Ricky Skaggs' concert tickets, a True Grit DVD and a Red Devil's Food Cake with Divinity Icing (from his Mom). It was a very good day!
Lovely Melia gave him the True Grit DVD. (I LOVE that movie!)
And it wouldn't be a birthday without a hug from Roxie!
1 comment:
Hey,
I love the Mr. GHS picture. I am especially fond of the little blind boy.lol
RO
Post a Comment